Cabin door width?

dcsam

I just bought my husband a Travelscoot. It's compact, maneuverable and lightweight. And when folded down, I can carry it under one arm. So it's very practical. Although he can walk, I'm thinking of bringing it on our February 9 cruise to help make getting around just a bit easier and quicker. He does have walking and balance issues from a stroke. We've never traveled with such a contraption. It's not big or bulky. And it's speedy when needed. We're booked in a standard balcony cabin for our upcoming cruise. Wish we could afford a handicap cabin, but standard will do. Anybody know what the door width is on a standard cabin? Even if the door is too narrow, no problem for me to quickly collapse it. I'm just curious.

Thank you.

Caroline S

My wife uses a Travelscoot (though not on a cruiseship yet) and absolutely loves it. It is a very liberating piece of kit (saves me carrying heavy shopping as well:D).

Remember to bring your little toolkit with the Allen keys in the unlikely event that something starts to work loose. If it is the belt-drive model, bring a spare belt for just in case (ours is still on the original belt after 4 to 5 years use).

Don't forget the charger;).

Door width would be very tight to drive through - BUT - IIRC there is often a lip which would make it difficult or impossible to drive through (on standard cabins), so you are likely to need to collapse it or lift it through the door (I can manage lifting it assembled easily enough but then I am a six foot ex-squaddie!).

Edited by SteveH2508

Thanks SteveH!

I had looked at purchasing a Travelscoot awhile back but decided on the Solax. It seemed like the better option for those with balance issues. BIG mistake! We just returned from a trip where we met a woman with a Travelscoot, so he was able to 'test drive' it on several occasions and we were sold. Now he has one. I'll be able to lift it if needed - it's that light.

Thanks SteveH!

I had looked at purchasing a Travelscoot awhile back but decided on the Solax. It seemed like the better option for those with balance issues. BIG mistake! We just returned from a trip where we met a woman with a Travelscoot, so he was able to 'test drive' it on several occasions and we were sold. Now he has one. I'll be able to lift it if needed - it's that light.

DW often gets accosted in the street/grocery store by people admiring and inquiring about Travelscoot. We ran out of the business cards Hardy supplied a long time ago!

BTW - there is a FB page for Travelscoot users which Hardy (the designer) does monitor. Useful for some ideas for some simple modifications as well.