Crowne Plaza San Pedro - resturants? View?

AMR40509

We just booked this hotel (on Hotwire for a good price) and want to know what there is to do in the area.

We arrive on Saturday at about 3PM to LAX for a Sunday sailing.

It sounds like a shuttle service is the way to go (only 2 of us, so savings over a taxi) so we'll plan on that. Are there any walkable resturants in the area? Anything worth taking cab for?

Thank you!

You won't get to San Pedro in time to do anything other than to check in and have dinner on Saturday.

If you want to do something Sunday AM before getting on the ship, you could go over to the Maritime Museum, or if you want to take a cab, you could go over to either the Cabrillo Marine Museum or the Aquarium in Long Beach.

Restaurants near the Crowne Plaza (601 Palos Verdes):

Papadakis

301 Sixth Street (about a block away)

Local Greek Taverna

http://www.papadakistaverna.com/

Acapulco

750 Sampson Way, Berth 83 (about 3 to 4 blocks away)

Chain Mexican, but good...right on the waterfront

http://www.acapulcorestaurants.com/

Papadakis is an EXCELLENT choice if you like greek food....or meat (really great if you are on a low-carb diet!). Check out their menu online. Bring lots of $1 bills for the violin player, tap dancer, and belly dancer! The environment is loud and fun. Be prepared for broken dishes and the spontaneous yelling of OPA!!

Just a tip for Crowne Plaza. We stayed there Jan. 11 & 12 before our cruise on the 13th. Sign up for the Priority Club through Holiday Inn if you aren't a member already. They give you free buffet breakfast with your room even with the Priceline price. I got my rate on Priceline for one night and Hotwire for the other night. It is a really nice hotel and I know you will enjoy it. They shuttle you right to the ship starting at 10:30. There is a restaurant called Blue Onion or something like that which is a Mexican restaurant just around the corner.

Just a tip for Crowne Plaza. We stayed there Jan. 11 & 12 before our cruise on the 13th. Sign up for the Priority Club through Holiday Inn if you aren't a member already. They give you free buffet breakfast with your room even with the Priceline price. I got my rate on Priceline for one night and Hotwire for the other night. It is a really nice hotel and I know you will enjoy it. They shuttle you right to the ship starting at 10:30. There is a restaurant called Blue Onion or something like that which is a Mexican restaurant just around the corner.

Did you just show them your card at check-in? Thanks

I called the hotel after winning my bid and gave them my Priority Club number and requested my room choice so I guess they saw it on my reservation. I had it just in case. The buffet would have cost us $7.99 plus tax each so considering the price we paid for the room, we got a darn good deal. You also get to go up to the 10th floor which for club members only for free drinks and snacks. Not sure they do it on Saturday night but did on Friday night. They key your room key for access to that floor. It is a beautiful hotel and our room was fantastic. Can't get a Motel 6 for the price we are getting online.

The hotel consierge set us up with an awesome tour of LA before we got on the ship on Sunday. I highly recommend it. We were back and on the ship by 2:30pm. We had the breakfast buffett at the hotel and was not impressed at all. The omletes and oatmeal was the only good part.

We went to the local brewery/grill down the street for dinner. It was great bar food, and the prices were easy on your wallet.

In the hotel lobby they have a machine that has a list of all the restaurants around. It prints out mini menus and maps to get to these places. That is how we found out about the brewery.:D

We went to the local brewery/grill down the street for dinner. It was great bar food, and the prices were easy on your wallet.

In the hotel lobby they have a machine that has a list of all the restaurants around. It prints out mini menus and maps to get to these places. That is how we found out about the brewery.:D

Was it the San Pedro Brewing Co - just down the street ?

If staying at the Crowne Plaza there is a wonderful Italian

resturant called Raffaello. It has great food and is very reasonable. The consierge told us about it and the hotel provides a shuttle. After we ate we walked back to the Crowne Plaza as it only takes about 15 minutes. I would definately go and eat there again.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

. . . . is a very good reasonable eatery which brews its own beer. Up the street a little further is Niko's, a casual cafe which has very good Italian food and pizza. Also nearby is an excellent Italian restaurant called Neil's.

. . . . is a very good reasonable eatery which brews its own beer. Up the street a little further is Niko's, a casual cafe which has very good Italian food and pizza. Also nearby is an excellent Italian restaurant called Neil's.

Hi Andrea, I saw your posts and I just wanted to say hi. Lance and I met you on the Baltic cruise last year. I have been checking out the "West Coast Departures" board because we are doing a b2b on the Golden the end of May. We are staying at the Doubletree for 2 nights pre-cruise. We have everything set except for a reservation with the shuttle to get us to the hotel from LAX. Wave to us as we sail away.

Shelly

For one night, I would stay in the local area. There are some good places that are worth taking a cab to, especially in Long Beach, but on your schedule I'd stick to local offerings.

Neil's on 5th Street has wonderful Italian food, and a nice ambiance. It's not far from the hotel. For breakfast, the Grinder restaurant is a short walk and has good diner fare. Acapulco or the Green Onion are good chain Mexican restaurants. Think Cafe on 6th street serves an eclectic California menu.

Archived