Christmas Cruise

uoftxchik

So you take a Christmas cruise on a ship that is flagged in Europe, Asia, or South America.

The cruise line's Austrian corporate chef has designed his version of a " classic " Christmas dinner for you.

His onboard Filipino Executive Chef executes his " classic " interpretation of that menu for you.

His Jamaican cooks make their "classic" interpretation of that menu for you.

Your Indonesian waiter does his best to serve this "classic" Christmas Dinner - even though he is either Muslim or Hindu and has never before seen a Christmas Dinner.

So there is no reason to think that it will be any different than the "classic" Christmas Dinner that Aunt Mary made for you on her farm in Ohio last year.

ROTFLMAO! :D

But I must say we've done two Christmas cruises so far, one on Princess and one on Celebrity, and enjoyed the turkey and Christmas pudding both times. In fact on Celebrity I had Christmas pudding for lunch and for dinner. :D

Also on both cruises they had one of the formal nights on Christmas Eve. Very festive.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

• 3 weeks later...
Up to you! On Christmas, there will be a (sort of) traditional turkey dinner in the MDR. Certainly not like I fix at home, but it's ok!

Have fun the ships are so pretty

Looking at dining options on the Norwegian Dawn for a Christmas cruise. Would specialty dining or an MDR meal be better on Christmas Day? What about Christmas Eve?

• 4 weeks later...

I think we did specialty dining both nights! Christmas eve was planned and anytime dining had a super long wait on Christmas day so we did a walk in. Service was hectic, but we were just happy to be seated immediately.

PS I am not a turkey fan