New to the forum

jdemps

I just found this forum and I think it's great. I have about 70 pounds to lose and I don't have a time frame really because I find that doesn't really work for me.

I have a trip to Cabo in October, a short cruise in Dec and another cruise next July booked.

I'm hoping to get encouragement from the members to stay on track with eating healthy foods and exercising at least 30 min each day. Recipe sharing is also fun on these if you guys do that. I do love to cook!

Its been a rough couple of weeks and I've turned to food for comfort. ugh. I had to put my 11 year old boxer down on Tuesday and my mother in law was diagnosed with ALS yesterday. Emotional times for sure.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hi!! I am new to this forum also. I will be cruising with my family in Jan. I have about 150lbs to lose, although I'm not expecting to lose it all before then!

I just started last week (cut out all my dr pepper - which was a LOT, and drinking 150 oz of water a day). Lost 6 lbs. This week I'm adding in some exercise. Next week will be a food goal. Each week will have either a food or exercise goal to add to what I'm already doing. Hoping that way I can stick with it better.

I'm so sorry to hear your month has been so bad!

Started the day early this morning at the grocery store to buy veggies, fruit, and chicken breasts.

I am going to work hard to lose 30 pounds by October 19th. We are sailing on the Ruby Princess October 22.

Let's do this together :)

Mary

I am also new to this forum and hoping to find support. I have never done something quite like this online. I have at least 80 pounds to lose and frustration comes from having done this once before about four years ago where I lost 170 pounds and have over the past two years regained a great deal back. I figure I can not lose much more than 80 before March but will take more if it turns out doable.

Motivating to exercise is always a struggle. I have been looking at some of our possible excursions and hoping it helps in that department.

Good luck everyone.

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also new. I'm on a lifelong weight loss journey and not looking for anything than support. No judgement, no guilt, no pressure. I'm looking to lose 40 lbs but not necessarily before my cruise, although that would be nice. I'm just looking for another support system. I can do this and so can you, one bite at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh, memories of "Lose Before You Cruise"... back in August of 2001 (yes 15 years ago!) I found Cruise Critic while doing a search for "Low Carb Dieting" and found this forum. Asked some questions and ended up doing the Atkins program pretty hard core and lost 45 lbs before the next June when we cruised to Alaska.

Then over the years yo-yo'd and settled in to a stable (but too high) weight that did not change for 8 years. Then my DIL who was a receptionist at a chiropractic office in Minnesota where we lived had huge success with a low-carb variant called Ideal Protein. Huge success - lost 70 lbs. My son did it too (although he was already in great physical shape) and lost 50 lbs - too much in my opinion but now he's all muscle.

So I jumped in and lost 40 lbs over the next three months. Very well managed with doctor supervision and weekly weigh-ins, tape measurements and BMI reading. Then my employer did cut-backs and I found a new job (very quickly) near Seattle. The move put a halt to the losing but LC eating and protein supplements have me maintaining.

Next step is to find a new source for IP and re-start. It's not cheap for their foods (breakfast and lunch) but the recipes for store bought home prepared dinners and the emphasis on low-GI veggies is good prep for lifetime maintaining. Also big emphasis on lots of water throughout the day. Highly recommend it.

YES! I found like-minded people! I want to lose 50 pounds before cruise in Dec. (won't get to 50 by Dec., but will take as much loss as possible). Am doing low carb and drinking lots of water. I just started three days ago and feel better already. Also drinking green smoothies with lots of greens and veggies. Can't wait to read through posts and get good recipes.

I just found this forum and I think it's great. I have about 70 pounds to lose and I don't have a time frame really because I find that doesn't really work for me.

I have a trip to Cabo in October, a short cruise in Dec and another cruise next July booked.

I'm hoping to get encouragement from the members to stay on track with eating healthy foods and exercising at least 30 min each day. Recipe sharing is also fun on these if you guys do that. I do love to cook!

Its been a rough couple of weeks and I've turned to food for comfort. ugh. I had to put my 11 year old boxer down on Tuesday and my mother in law was diagnosed with ALS yesterday. Emotional times for sure.

Thanks in advance!

I was on a diet from June 29,2014 to August 18,2015.During that time I lost 56 pounds.

The difficult part is maintaining the new weight.I currently weigh 13 more pounds than last August but I am giving myself a goal to lose the weight by my next cruise in 3 months.

Please join us on Thursdays for weigh-ins.

Keeps us accountable. Just have to say if

lost, gained or stayed the same. Don't have

to give weight only if you want to if you

think that helps you.

We try to give tips or ask advice of each other

to help us get healthy and lose weight.

So come join us, I start the thread and if I'm

away or whatever someone else will start it.

If you can't make it on Thursday and have to do it a

day or two later that is alright.

Hope to see you next week or even sooner if want to

click on it now.

Hello! I found this forum once before, but now that we have a cruise in May coming up, I'm back!

I have about 70lbs I would love to lose before May! I have been on this journey of weight loss too looong! This time I feel mentally a little clearer, and ready!

ready-set-go1.jpg.7dbd886d16e5b922df1a08458e094aa1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this forum too. I want to lose 14 lbs before we cruise on the 9th Dec. I'm doing a plan 4/3 - four days of 800 calories and no alcohol and 3 days of slimming world extra easy plan and the odd glass of wine or two! I go to SW every Wednesday so will post on this forum each Wednesday with an update. I've just come back from a mini cruise with girlies and ate and drank the ships weight in champagne and then in return my husband's oldest and closest friend who was also our best man died very suddenly at the age of 63, so that hasn't helped my determination. So, here goes. Hope you all have a good weight loss journey too. I've found a lovely caramel/choc coffee with no calories that I enjoy drinking without milk so saving calories too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone, I’m glad to have found this forum. I look forward to chatting with this group and checking in on Thursdays going forward. Reading the success stories on this forum is very inspirational. Hopefully you don't mind a man joining your group.

Background: I’m a 37 years old man who is 6’0 tall and 232 lbs. Four years ago I took my first cruise around the Western Mediterranean. At that time I weighed 207 lbs, which is 25 lbs less than my current weight. My maximum weight was 245 lbs and I have since lost 13 lbs in the last three months. I have a Halloween cruise booked from October 30th to November 6th. I'll attempt to not gain weight on this upcoming cruise.

Target: I will only book a Western Mediterranean cruise if I achieve my weight loss goal of 25lbs over the next 4.5 months. The cruise I’m interested in has a sailing date of May 28th 2017. I will set an additional goal of being below 200 lbs on the cruise. If I don't achieve my weight loss goal, then I won't book the cruise.

Graham

I'm new here as well. I'm a kindergarten teacher, wife, and mom to 2 teenagers. I would love to loose 130 pounds. I lost 11 in September....then gained back 4....sigh. We are scheduled to have a 7 day cruise in March 2017. If I could loose 10 lbs a month, I would be down 70 pounds by cruising day. I'd be happy with less....especially considering Christmas and thanksgiving are right in the middle there. So... We can do this!! (Right?)

Yes we can do it!! Let's keep this going to support and encourage. I lost just one pound this week! Not so good, and it's school holiday next week which is always a 'danger area' for me. I need to protect my 4 lb loss so far and even hoping to lose again! Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums