Queen Victoria Bookings

Keith1010

I had not seen any responses to this so I thought that I would try again. I realize that the cruise is not till 2008 so I realize that many have not looked out that far. Nevertheless, I thought I'd see if anyone has a booking for this timeframe.

Keith

Keith

The shorter segments go on sale in September and I, for one, am patiently waiting and hoping to book New York to LA. So maybe will be waving to you as we get off!!!

The latest QV world cruise brochure (with all available segments - including just the transatlantic) dropped on the doorstep today and has me panting to book something!!!

Ken

Hello KenC. So you have a folder already for segments? I'm interested in NY to LA as well. How do the prices look?

Brochure arrived this morning - NY to LA (18 nights) dep 13 Jan (it actually says 2007....but I guess thats a year early) from £2729 in D7 to £21,099 in Q1 for 'sailaway' fares. In Britannia C4 Ocean view, £3199 and A6 Balcony £3589, Princess from £6009 and Queens' Grill £7139. Although not explicitly stated, the itinerary includes air from UK, so I guess its in the fare.

Peter

Brochure arrived this morning - NY to LA (18 nights) dep 13 Jan (it actually says 2007....but I guess thats a year early) from £2729 in D7 to £21,099 in Q1 for 'sailaway' fares. In Britannia C4 Ocean view, £3199 and A6 Balcony £3589, Princess from £6009 and Queens' Grill £7139. Although not explicitly stated, the itinerary includes air from UK, so I guess its in the fare.

Peter

Peter the brochure that I recently received is titled 2008 World Cruises Continuing The Great Cunard Tradition. For the Queen Victoria mine shows six different segment (New York to Sydney 41 days, New York to Singapore 64 days, Los Angeles to Singapore 47 days, Los Angeles to Dubai 60 days, Sydney to New York 64 days and Singapore to New York 41 days).

Interesting that we only received it about two weeks ago and yet you have one that shows smaller segments. Mine is in US dollars.

What title does your cover show?

Keith

What title does your cover show?

Keith

Cunard

WORLD CRUISES

--------2008-------

QUEEN VICTORIA QUEEN ELIZABETH 2

Maiden World Cruise South America, Pacific

& Orient Odysey

Not sure about the billing order......;)

Peter

Interesting that we only received it about two weeks ago and yet you have one that shows smaller segments. Mine is in US dollars.

We got ours this morning as well - the edition priced in GBP. We know that Cunard can do different things on different sides of the Atlantic, It looks as if different segments is one of those things.

These are the shorter segments that were promised for September release (and I checked - they are not available for booking until September). I'm sure they will release the shorter segments in the USA at the same time.

If you book prior to 31 Jan 2007 then the fares NY to LA vary from £2499 in D7 to £19,339 in Q1. It says these fares are only combinable with the 5% CWC discount - whatever that means????

Ken

Cunard

WORLD CRUISES

--------2008-------

QUEEN VICTORIA QUEEN ELIZABETH 2

Maiden World Cruise South America, Pacific

& Orient Odysey

Not sure about the billing order......;)

Peter

Perfect billing Peter ... can't wait to book something on Cunard's new luxury liner Queen Victoria!!! It's the way things are going - Save the old one for those who like that sort of thing!!!!

Ken

Perfect billing Peter ... can't wait to book something on Cunard's new luxury liner Queen Victoria!!! It's the way things are going - Save the old one for those who like that sort of thing!!!!

Ken

Well, its hardly 'age before beauty', nor indeed 'pearls before swine'! When you do book, I hope you have more joy than you had on her kissin'cousin P&O's new luxury liner (sic) ARCADIA!

Peter

If you book prior to 31 Jan 2007 then the fares NY to LA vary from £2499 in D7 to £19,339 in Q1. It says these fares are only combinable with the 5% CWC discount - whatever that means????

Ken

CWC = Cunard World Club (my guess anyway)

Well, its hardly 'age before beauty', nor indeed 'pearls before swine'! When you do book, I hope you have more joy than you had on her kissin'cousin P&O's new luxury liner (sic) ARCADIA!

Peter

Like I have said before - a breath of fresh air for Cuanrd!!! Arcadia?? .... well she is apparently not a even good advert for P&O and I have been previously impressed by Zuiderdam. I think the redesign by Cunard will be pretty apparent on QV - don't you?

Sorry Therapst - I assumed everyone took CWC for granted - it was the rest I didn't follow. Does it mean that these flyer fares (which are 5% lower than the brochure fares) include the CWC discount or that they are combinable with CWC discount on top???

Ken

I already have my group space for the QV full world. We cannot block segments until September.

Anyone booked for the 07 worlds, are entitled to a 3% discount over best fare on the QV 08... and you don't have to wait until you are on your 07 voyage.

The 5% may or may not be a CWC discount. Can't tell with the actual fare codes. Is there one listed???? Something along the lines of PA1, PCS, PA2.

I already have my group space for the QV full world. We cannot block segments until September.

Anyone booked for the 07 worlds, are entitled to a 3% discount over best fare on the QV 08... and you don't have to wait until you are on your 07 voyage.

The 5% may or may not be a CWC discount. Can't tell with the actual fare codes. Is there one listed???? Something along the lines of PA1, PCS, PA2.

How much space will they release for segments - there wouldn't be a rush this early would there ???

No fare codes listed in the brochure or CWC flyer - the more I read it the more I think the wording implies that fares include (are combined with) the CWC discount??

Ken

How much space will they release for segments - there wouldn't be a rush this early would there ???

No fare codes listed in the brochure or CWC flyer - the more I read it the more I think the wording implies that fares include (are combined with) the CWC discount??

Ken

Only certain categories are available for groups. Can't remember which ones right now.

Rush???? On some segments, perhaps. Hard to say, really.

Yes, the 5% maybe a CWC, it could also just be a 5% early booking savings just mailed out to CWC members. But in reality, available to anyone. They just let CWC members know first.

Interesting discounts available on some of the segments from a well known online agent:

LA - Dubai: 27%

Sydney - NY: 65%

Singapore - Southampton: 77%

Which might suggest that the Trans-Suez segment is not so easy to sell.....or that the earlier legs are selling out first.....

Peter

Interesting discounts available on some of the segments from a well known online agent:

LA - Dubai: 27%

Sydney - NY: 65%

Singapore - Southampton: 77%

Which might suggest that the Trans-Suez segment is not so easy to sell.....or that the earlier legs are selling out first.....

Peter

Oh for Pete's sake give us a clue????

Ken

September is here at last and we are now booked on Queen Victoria's NY to LA world cruise segment!!!! Haven't been so 'up' for a booking since QM2's maiden voyage. Cunard UK had about 6 staterooms available in each grade for this segment. We booked an A5 balcony portside aft on 5 Deck. We got the 45% sailaway plus 5% CWC discount. It may come cheaper elsewhere but I don't care because we are finally booked!!! Looking forward to seeing all 3 'Cunard Queens' in New York - but didn't fancy the January transatlantic!!!

September is here at last and we are now booked on Queen Victoria's NY to LA world cruise segment!!!! It may come cheaper elsewhere but I don't care because we are finally booked!!!

Ken,

Looks like you got a good deal - while the identical segment to the one you booked are not on the web-agency I was looking at, similar segments were in the 20-35% off range - enjoy your trip!

Peter

Ken,

Looks like you got a good deal - while the identical segment to the one you booked are not on the web-agency I was looking at, similar segments were in the 20-35% off range - enjoy your trip!

Peter

Can you give us a bit of a clue who is offering those discounts please?

could maybe squeeze another cruise a year in with discounts like that!!

Mark

PS got my photos back the other day and got some really nice ones of St Peters Port

Mark,

We're not allowed to mention TAs...but the agent often has ads on these pages if you want to go on vacations....

Peter

Got the hint thanks! Had a look, they do have some good deals!

Have a good weekend, i'm escaping work early YIPPEE !!

Mark

Mark,

We're not allowed to mention TAs...but the agent often has ads on these pages if you want to go on vacations....

Peter

Does this go-on-vacation agent do Cunard to UK residents. Last time I looked (if its the same one) they couldn't offer anything from their US site on a range of lines including Cunard, HAL, Princess etc

Ken

Archived