cuban cigars

cefcdana

Most of the "genuine Cuban cigars" you find at cruise ports are fake... The only place in Cozumel I would trust would be La Casa Del Habano, in downtown San Miguel, across from the ferry pier. It's about an $8 cab ride from the Puerta Maya pier...

Most of the "genuine Cuban cigars" you find at cruise ports are fake... The only place in Cozumel I would trust would be La Casa Del Habano, in downtown San Miguel, across from the ferry pier. It's about an $8 cab ride from the Puerta Maya pier...

As far as I know this is correct. They are THE Registered agents for Cuban cigars around the world. Not sure what Havana Bob's is hawking as Cuban but supposedly his other cigars are very good in quality. Remember that a lot of Cuban growers when to Central American Countries after the revolution and took seeds or plants with them. The are Nicaraguan cigars that come from those ancestral plants.

• 1 month later...

I researched all over the Internet because I wanted a legit cubans. They have so many fakes in Cozumel. La Casa Del Habano is the only place I found that people trusted 100%. If you search on the Internet there are many cigar forums where people have asked this very question.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I researched all over the Internet because I wanted a legit cubans. They have so many fakes in Cozumel. La Casa Del Habano is the only place I found that people trusted 100%. If you search on the Internet there are many cigar forums where people have asked this very question.

yes, that's the "official" place near the downtown pier, Punta Langosta.

Actually several Central America countries (Honduras, Nicaragua) have their own unique blends of tobaccos and many are excellent. Every area has different tobaccos, including Cuba. And many of the great cigars coming out of the DR are made by growers who fled Cuba when Castro came into power and are from Cuban seeds.

I may enjoy a nice Cuban when visiting other countries, but I also enjoy nice cigars from the other countries just as much. We spend more time in Mexico now and I've found excellent cigars from there that are very enjoyable. So do a bit more research on the subject so you're not spending more than you need to enjoy a nice, quality cigar.:)

• 2 weeks later...

this is the only place I know of everyone else sell fake ones that are easy to tell if you smoked it. All the other vendors on the beaches or the little stores are all fake. that is why they haggle the price they are not going to hold onto expensive cigars hoping to sell them. Everything they sell in there is a knock off of something else. I try not to buy any of that junk.