Astoria shuttle

Does it come to the port and go to Fort Clotsop? Thanks, thinking we will do this instead of a tour

I posted some information about our experience with the shuttle in the following thread about Astoria (post #10):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322346

The shuttle leaves and returns to the cruise terminal;however, it is a local shuttle that goes around the downtown area and out to the Astoria column. I do not believe that it goes to Fort Clotsop, so you would probably need to take a cruise excursion or rent a car to visit the fort.

Good time with this question. We will be there in a couple of months and were not sure whether or not to take a formal excursion. Based on what was posted in including post 10 by mary350, we will do this on our own.

Keith

If it makes a difference -

Fort Clatsop has static displays as well as staffed "living history" and informal guides. The port stop is definitely shoulder season for tourism in this area. I would phone Fort Clatsop directly to see what will be open and staffed on your port day. We have visited the fort when it has been open, but limited access.