Majesty

We loved the Majesty . Your best booking a " plus" cabin as the standard cabins on Majesty are a bit snug but still fine if you just want a base to change etc.

We had a plus cabin on deck 7 , prom deck , which was fantastic.

Shows were all very good, show lounge is smaller than on the Dream but it's fine.

Food was great , we used MDR The Four Seasons for breakfast and evening meal every day and we thought food and service was excellent.

All the bars were good, we liked the Polo lounge best but we used them all and there's lots going on day and night or quiet spots if you prefer that.

There are two Self service restaurants up near the pools, one you can take your food down to the lounge below which we often did at lunch, the other at the back of the ship is open but great in good weather.

The pools are great but the pool deck can get busy at peak times like all ships. On majesty there are no loungers near the pools but they are just above, there are tables and chairs near the pools which we liked better and more loungers on the prom deck and several other spots.

All in all we thought it was a great little ship and we would def book on her again :-)

Mrs Red Scorpion and I went on the Majesty twice last year and we would have no hesitation in booking a Majesty cruise again. It is a fine ship in most respects but I would pass on a few tips:

1) The self-service restaurant has had issues with food being cold in the past, mostly at breakfast time. But I did find that things were better on our second cruise. Still something to be aware of though.

2) There are sun-loungers on the decks but no steamer chairs. Personally I prefer steamer chairs as they are more comfortable to read on. If however you prefer to soak up the rays or snooze then the sun-loungers are fine.

3) The stage in the show lounge is a former dance floor and is round. The show teams use the limited space brilliantly. When Thomson first took the Majesty over it was thought by many that dance routines involving lifting people in the air would not be possible. This has turned out not to be the case but they do miss the ceiling by a matter of inches sometimes. There are many pillars in the show lounge and the gradiant of the floor is not very steep so that not all the seats are good ones. It is a good idea to get your seat early to make sure you have a good one. A word of warning, the seats at the front on the right hand side of the stage look like good seats but the sound is loud there and not well balanced. If you have a musical ear this is a bad spot.

4) We were on deck 4 on both cruises and were tipped off that in some cabins the windows have become frosted due to moisture inside the double glazing I think. We had no problem with this but we have read about this on this website. Before you choose a cabin it would be a good idea to research it to make sure that you will be able to see out of your window.

5) Mrs Red Scorpion and I could not think of fifth thing to watch out for which goes to show that this is a great little ship with few issues. I hope you have a wonderful time. I would be very surprised if you did not

We did Adriatic Explorer on Majesty last June - a magnificent itinerary - just a pity about the ship.

We did not like the Majesty one little bit, despite having a superior cabin it would have to be a pretty inventive itinerary to get us on it again.

Lots have been written about Majesty, some good some bad , but believe me there are more bad than good.

The self serve café is split fore and aft, with very little seating - yes you can take the food down steps to the Royal Observatory - just to annoy people who have gone into the bar for a quiet drink - not to have someone sitting next to you eating hot food, this happens all day/night up to the BAR closing.

The Show Lounge is not really very good for its purpose - if you sit forward the spotlights shine into your eyes, if you sit middle they then put extra chairs right in front of you, for late arrivals.

Main restaurants, food, entertainment and all staff are just superb.

We have no problem with Thomson Cruises, in fact we have booked b2b next July on Celebration, just the Majesty - sorry Thomson's but we think you got it wrong with this ship.

You say you are on a b2b in July this year what weeks are these we are on 21st July for the ancient wonders itinery will you be on board this week? Have you cruised on celebration before this is our first cruise on her previously thomson destiny for our first ever cruise. We are on MSC Preziosa in April for our fourth cruise and rci independence in May before returning to Thomsons for this cruise in July..Would love to hear from you About the celebration.:

Why should we believe you more than others who see more good than bad?:confused:

To be far, Ormy explained their issues with the ship in their post.

I've not been on the Majesty, and having read about the ship I doubt I would. Things that are important to me are documented as being unsatisfactory. These things may not be important to others however, who have praised the vessel.

Poor Majesty getting tugged both ways, good and bad. Feel so sad for her.

We are on her for the first time in May on B2B Adriatic Explorer/Aegean Delights, and will enjoy ourselves I am sure.

You made me feel sad, Gill ;)

I am sure you will have a brilliant holiday :)

To be far, Ormy explained their issues with the ship in their post.

I've not been on the Majesty, and having read about the ship I doubt I would. Things that are important to me are documented as being unsatisfactory. These things may not be important to others however, who have praised the vessel.

I know that Grez but were being told to believe ormy theres more bad than good to the ship.Just me being a bit crass ;)

If we had taken heed/ been influenced by the reports when Thomson took on the Dream we`d have never cruised on her but we did and have 4 times so try not to form an opinion or be influenced on not booking something on someone elses experiences.As they say take the good reports and the bad and its somewhere in between.

For the record we`ll be on the Maj for the first time in May and it cant come quick enouigh and sure me and MJTS will have a brill time much the same as we have had on the Dream

Edited by Jim The Scot

I made this film just over a year back

I hope anyone going away on the Majesty this year has a good time on her :D:)

Thanks for the film. We are going on the Majesty in March. This will be our first time on Thomson and the smallest ship we have sailed on. I have enjoyed reading the varied reviews, will be going with an open mind, plus I always think that it is important to keep in mind what is paid for the cruise when writing reviews. We have paid what I consider a very reasonable price which includes a drinks package plus the cruise departs from Malaga which is a 25 minute drive from our home so all that alone is a big bonus for us.

You will love it. Anyone can pick faults with everything, look at a Tripadvisor review of a hotel you have been to. You are on holiday enjoy. Food superb staff superb a really nice ship and crew.

We are on Dream this year and I am just hoping its as good as Majesty and prior to that Celebration

We actually thought our food on majesty last year was as good or better than on brilliance of the seas the year before .

There are issues with the self service at the back of the ship but a lovely indoor seating area below the one at the front.

We would not hesitate to book her again , just liked everything :-)

For the benefit of Brown 848 we start the backtoback on July 14th, we have not sailed on Celebration before but many times on her sister ship Spirit and loved everything about it.

For Jim the Scot - the whole purpose of a FORUM is for people to give their PERSONAL views - this is what I have done, anyone who says they like the Majesty must be very easy to please, my comments were purely on the ship itself - not food, staff, entertainment etc.

For Jim the Scot - the whole purpose of a FORUM is for people to give their PERSONAL views - this is what I have done, anyone who says they like the Majesty must be very easy to please, my comments were purely on the ship itself - not food, staff, entertainment etc.

ormy

Never said otherwise

It is possible to walk all the way round the promenade deck on every cruise ship, certainly the many we have sailed on.

I cannot believe that people are happy with the Majesty ie: Cabins, Show Lounge and Lido Buffet.

These are my only worries about the ship - but they are main areas and used most of the time.

Sorry Ormy, I know we all have different likes and dislike, but I find it hard to find anything to dislike about the Majesty. Even DH, who is never very enthusiastic about anything :rolleyes: said " I really like this ship" Oh well, each to his own, it's a good job we don't all want to go on the same ship :eek::eek:

Incidentally, I have been on ships with no wrap around decks. Most of the newer Amercan ones (eg Celebrity Eclipse) don't have them, they have jogging tracks, way up on deck 15 or something :rolleyes:

It is possible to walk all the way round the promenade deck on every cruise ship, certainly the many we have sailed on.

I cannot believe that people are happy with the Majesty ie: Cabins, Show Lounge and Lido Buffet.

These are my only worries about the ship - but they are main areas and used most of the time.

I am more of a lurker on here, but agree about the majesty, would not wish to cruise on her again, it just didn't feel like a thomson ship, the food was lukewarm, in the buffet you couldn't tell what it was sometimes.:confused:

Daft little thing but i missed the wooden prom deck of the other ships.

I found the staff apart from a odd few very unfriendly.

Especially the cd who i witnessned being quite rude to a passenger:mad:

You seemed to wait ages to get served by the bar staff when on the sun deck(10)

Cabins not a good size and a very bad show lounge

But each to their own, i love the other three ships, the dream imo is the best:)

Strangely, we thought the crew on the Dream were not very happy and the ones on the Majesty were very friendly and seemed to be much happier in their work. We never saw the CD on the Dream, until the last day when they were shoveling us off the ship at 9am to go to Palma airport to wait in a horrendous queue, so that they could clean the ship of the sickness that Thomson told me "we" had brought on board, when it was more likely the undercooked food that was causing the problems.

We thought the food on the Majesty was excellent and the shows were certainly much better than the Dream.

But, each to his own, as you say :):):)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA