FLL family hotel with bkfast included

pinkmagnolia

I've been reading hotel reviews and my head is just spinning. Please help me with a short list of hotels to choose from, so I can keep my eye on prices. We are a family of 4 (with twin DS 11) sailing on Apr 19 out of MIA. I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel in FLL close to the airport. Our flight will be coming in the evening. I would like to spend <$200.

Our needs/preferences (in order of importance)

1. Safe, clean hotel close to FLL

2. Breakfast included

3. Shuttle from FLL (although I don't mind paying for a taxi either if it's super close)

4. Within walking distance to a store where Mama can get a bottle of wine! :)

5. Pool not that important as we realistically won't have time to enjoy it

We're sailing for this Thanksgiving and staying one night at Holiday Inn Express, FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT SOUTH, 205 N. Federal Hwy., Dania Beach FL 33004, but I'm so sorry because I don't really know the area, but the price was right, it provides a free shuttle from/to airport, and it provided breakfast, which was important to us because my kids wake up hungry at all times. Also because that was one of the hotels listed on ridesas.com shuttle site, which we will be using to take us to and from the Port of Miami.

We cruise with our kids (8 and 13) and we have stayed at the Best Western on State Rd. 84 and we're staying this year right beside it at the Hampton Inn. Both hotels have a breakfast and I know for sure BW has a shuttle to the port. We took a cab because the cost for the shuttle was per person and it was cheaper and faster to take a cab (about $15 I believe). These hotels are right across the street from a strip mall containing a Winn Dixie (lots of wine), a liquor store, a Wendy's, Subway, McDonalds, and a sports type bar called Slackers where we went for supper. We like the area a lot because of it's close proximity to the port and to the stores to get all the essentials and last minute items.

Thanks so much all of you for your responses -- I will consider all of them! With 2 growing, hungry boys having breakfast included makes the room rate a better value.

I am also planning on using SAS to get to POM, so I will be sure to confirm that they go to the hotel too.

As you are at the tail end of the peak season, your $200 budget is fine for a hotel in the SE 17 St area (Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express [Cruiseport], maybe Embassy Suites) or the Stirling Road/I-95 area (Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn [Airport South]). Given the prices will not be significantly lower I would avoid the State Road 84 area and especially the HIEx on Federal Hwy mentioned in post#2 because you will not be checking in until after dark.

Edited by fishywood

They will feed your kids breakfast and provide free shuttle service to the cruiseport. Also free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. They have a pool for all to enjoy, also! There is a shopping area across from the hotel and I remember eating at a Burger King close by.

Hyatt Place is on ValueTrips in your price range. They have mini suites, free breakfast, and free airport shuttle. There is a Total Wine around the corner. It's a decent hotel in a nice neighborhood.

I second this as the Hyatt Place has a decent breakfast and a $15 taxi to the port if you do not have too much luggage!

snow bunny