Self Portraits on Cruise

Hi everyone,

I have an a6000. On my celebrity cruise later in feb, I am planning to bring my 10-18mm and a 35mm but the latter has been on backorder for a month. I am also planning to bring a gorilla pod SLR zoom.

I would love to take some great shots of my gf and I. (And I would... generally prefer not to hand my camera to a random to take a photo)

Would you guys recommend using the 10-18mm for portaits? I'm worried the focal length won't be flattering but how else can you do a self portrait at a table by yourself?

If I have have to resort to using a selfie stick and an iphone well.. then why did I get into the a6000! :p

Open to any suggestions you guys have and would love to see any great people shots that you took a cruise!

Hi everyone,

I have an a6000. On my celebrity cruise later in feb, I am planning to bring my 10-18mm and a 35mm but the latter has been on backorder for a month. I am also planning to bring a gorilla pod SLR zoom.

I would love to take some great shots of my gf and I. (And I would... generally prefer not to hand my camera to a random to take a photo)

Would you guys recommend using the 10-18mm for portaits? I'm worried the focal length won't be flattering but how else can you do a self portrait at a table by yourself?

If I have have to resort to using a selfie stick and an iphone well.. then why did I get into the a6000! :p

Open to any suggestions you guys have and would love to see any great people shots that you took a cruise!

Even the 35 is too wide for really good portraits.

Sorry - I'm new to photography and learning the nomenclature.. But I don't want photos that are just headshots. I have the 50mm (and apparently some GAS) but quite often find it too tight so I wasn't thinking of bringing it onto the cruise.

I want pictures of me and my gf in front of stuff or doing stuff. Like.. me and me gf enjoyng our beverage package! Me and my gf on the deck enjoying the sunset! Me and my gf inside the atrium...

Get a nice superzoom and you should be good

Get over not allowing others to take a snapshot of you and the GF.

It is true 99.99% of the world seems very very capable and familiar with how to take a smartphone, sometimes even adjusting things when I hand them my iPhone.

Have yet to not find a friendly photographer not willing to use my D4/D810 or my little V1 to take one of the rare pictures with me in it. Just preset it up and most people can figure out how to look thru the little viewfinder and squeeze. Nobody has run off nor dropped my camera yet :D