layover time

TeanneTX

I've pretty much figured out which flights I want for our cruise in May '17. Its BA from AUS to AMS and BA from ARN to AUS. Both have stops in London but coming back from ARN there is only 1 hr 20 min between our arrival from ARN and departure to AUS. Is that enough time?

Teanne

I've pretty much figured out which flights I want for our cruise in May '17. Its BA from AUS to AMS and BA from ARN to AUS. Both have stops in London but coming back from ARN there is only 1 hr 20 min between our arrival from ARN and departure to AUS. Is that enough time?

Teanne

I see these flights on the BA web site, so it must be legal. You will not go through customs at LHR, so it is kind of like a US connecting flight, time wise.

I see these flights on the BA web site, so it must be legal. You will not go through customs at LHR, so it is kind of like a US connecting flight, time wise.

What kind of "US connecting flight"? :confused:

I think a little more detail will be helpful here....You will not clear immigration or customs at LHR but you will need to reclear security. There is a separate Fast Track lane for those in Club World, First or BA Silver/Gold and above.

T5 is arranged into three separate buildings in a toastrack layout, the satellite buildings are known as T5B and T5C. They are connected by a train (and walkway but I'd advise against the latter if you're low on time). You will need to take the train from whichever building you arrive at (which for AUS-LHR will be one of the two satellite buildings, from ARN it could be the main building) back to the main T5 building to reclear security.

If you arrive into T5B there is a board for "Time Critical Flight Connections" if you are scheduled to depart within 90 minutes, check it for more information.

I am connecting through T5 on Saturday morning and coming in from JFK was careful to consider my connection options for my onward flight to Athens. Early morning T5 can be very busy for arrivals so I chose a flight arriving later in the morning and gave us around 2hrs to connect, given we're in business class with fast track eligibility I little concern assuming everything is running on time. Unfortunately you won't have that luxury of picking flights from AUS unless you connect through DFW or elsewhere.

I would say not but I haven't been in ARN. I always like to have at least 2 hours but that is just me.

The OP is asking about LHR connections.