Stockholm airport shuttle

valiegrl

I believe taxi is the only means of transport from ARN direct to the port. You can take the Arlanda express train to downtown, then a metro bus, but I would still recommend taxi from the city main train station to the port. Here are a couple of sites to check schedules and cost:

https://www.arlandaexpress.com/

http://www.taxistockholm.se/en/

Taxis are not regulated in Sweden so you have to be sure to get a price for your destination before getting in. There are good companies and then some that are not so good. The above company is one of the 3 recommended companies.

Our overnight flight from the US landed in the morning. We took the quick and comfortable train to DT, stored our luggage, spent a wonderful day exploring Gamla Stan, then took a cab to the ship.

Our overnight flight from the US landed in the morning. We took the quick and comfortable train to DT, stored our luggage, spent a wonderful day exploring Gamla Stan, then took a cab to the ship.

We did exactly the same thing! Excellent day and the train is very convenient.

It's a brilliant idea, I think.

But just as arima22 says, be very careful and do not step into the wrong taxi it can be very expensive, besides already mentioned taxi company also http://www.taxikurir.se/ and http://www.taxi020.se/ are safe choices.

If you take a taxi from the Central Station there is usually a taxi host you could ask for to get a car from the company you want, there's nothing that says you have to take the first taxi in the queue, you can select company yourself.

Hi

Did you make a reservation for the arlanda express train before arrival in Stockholm? If so please let us know where or how. Thanks.

Going 7/2014.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Actually you don't make reservations. You simply specify the date and you purchase a ticket that is valid the entire day. You really would not want to reserve a specific train, they run extremely often in case you flight is delayed or arrives early or your luggage is delayed or?????

Where do do buy tickets? How do do get senior fare? Do you know if we can book online before we arrive? We are arriving Arlanda airport terminal 5. Thanks.

Where do do buy tickets? How do do get senior fare? Do you know if we can book online before we arrive? We are arriving Arlanda airport terminal 5. Thanks.

Everything is explained very well in english on the Arlanda Express site; https://www.arlandaexpress.com/

Way too much there to explain everything on this site. You can also simply purchase the tickets before boarding the train in Stockholm. Recommend purchasing there as the tickets are only good for the date you specify so if you cancel or don't arrive on that date, you will have to pay again. You can purchase on line if you choose and is explained in detail on the site.

Also, please be aware, you are not technically booking or reserving any particular train. You are purchasing a ticket that is valid that entire day that you specify. Getting on the trains is first come, first served so even if you have a ticket and the train is full, you will get on the next train. They run often and reservations for specific departures are not taken

Since you don't know if your plane will be on time or you will need to wait for luggage, better to simply take the next train once you are ready to leave the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

We did exactly the same thing! Excellent day and the train is very convenient.

We want to do the same thing. Where did you store your luggage?

Certainly take the Arlanda Express to the Central Station! It's fantastic, not expensive, and very quick. One thing I remember from our trip last year was they had a dedicated taxi line for the Arlanda Express passengers. Could be the jet-lag but I'm pretty sure it was there. Hold on to your ticket just in case.... The primary line for taxis was quite long whereas the line we got in was maybe 2 deep. :)

Do try and spend a few hours in Stockholm - it's a fantastic city and I can't wait to go back!

Edited by corpkid