Thank You Cc And Cc Friends!!!

patwell

A year ago I found this forum. I couldn't believe the wealth of information and help it had to offer to someone new to Cunard, and especially to QM2. I read good things and some bad and I learned how to sift through them and find what I needed to know. It took me weeks to get up the nerve to post a question...meanwhile I read page after page of past posts so that when I did ask something I wouldn't sound like a complete dummy. And when I did ask that first question several people answered...and suddenly I felt "accepted" by all of you with so much more Cunard experience to share.

Some of you probably know from my postings that in 3 days I will finally board QM2 for the first time. And so I want to say thanks to CC, for providing this incredible forum. And thanks to all of you fellow CCers, present posters and many who aren't posting at this time, I will board with all sorts of inside knowledge and a wonderful sense of how to fully enjoy and appreciate this gorgeous ship. I'm only afraid that 7 days won't be enough time to discover everything for myself!

Both myself and my Roll Call buddies, all first timers to Cunard, have gained so much from all your advice. I am beyond myself with excitement as finally our big day is almost here. And when I hear that great horn sound for the first time I will say a thank you to all my CC friends. It's been a great time sharing the anticipation with all of you...the serious threads, the argumentative occasional ones, the threads that started out sensible and ended up with lots of silliness...but most of all the camaraderie and the new friendships are what stand out to me. Thank you all...:)

Cheers, Penny...who really is going to finish packing tonight...really!! Does anyone have another suitcase I can borrow? Norfolk Brit Mary??About that Vuitton one Martin was going to bring over? ;)

Forget the extra suitcase. "Half the luggage and twice the money" is still the best travel advice. Remember to toast all this good (?) CC advice, and your own voyage, in the Commodore Club. No doubt at all that you will have a great time.

Paul

Penny!

What are you doing online when you should be PACKING!

!2 suitcases and three trunks for a seven day Caribbean is not enough! Well, heck, there's one just for the shoes, no?

Penny!

Thanks, in turn for all YOU have done for us- Including putting together the "what you need to know" booklet of past posts!

Karie,

who thinks Penny had done so much for all of us!

A year ago I found this forum. I couldn't believe the wealth of information and help it had to offer to someone new to Cunard

Penny - it's not just those new to Cunard - it offers information and help (and friendship) to everyone:)

Some of you probably know from my postings that in 3 days I will finally board QM2 for the first time.

You don't sail for another three days; six days on your crossing, you'll be booking your next trip in a couple of weeks;)

I hope that you have a very enjoyable voyage, please tell us about it when you return:)

Penny, have a great trip!

I echo your sentiments re these boards, I've still got a couple of months to go before my QM2 trip but all of the information I have gleaned here so far has been invaluable.

So a big thank you to everyone from me also!

I can't wait to hear your feedback after your trip. I'll be looking for that trip report :)

Cheers

Timmi

[quote name=patwell

Cheers' date=' Penny...who really is going to finish packing tonight...really!! Does anyone have another suitcase I can borrow? Norfolk Brit Mary??About that Vuitton one Martin was going to bring over? ;)[/quote]

Hello Penny,

Afraid I can't help as Martin went missing again a couple of days ago, along with said Louis Vuitton suitcase. From media reports of felonies in the area, we think he is heading for your balcony via Heathrow.

Hope you enjoy his company, and have a wonderful trip.

Bon voyage, Mary

Bon Voyage, Penny!

Thank you for putting together the "not to be missed" booklet. Mine is printed and in my suitcase already, waiting to board with me in only 15 days. ;)

Please tell us all about your experience when you return. Travel safely and enjoy every minute!

Hugs,

Freckles in Florida

Thank you all...Karie (what can I say...what a pal you've been), Pepper (how can I even think of competing with your great words about our Queen. Please don't be jealous...I won't forget to toast you!), Mary (I'll pack cat food just in case),Timmi (we'll keep you company as you wait too),Freckles ( 15 days!! I know your excitment!! Heck, maybe we'll meet on board if they can't catch me to shove me off!),Malcolm (you're right Malcolm...friendship..what a pleasure. And thanks for your help in "publishing" the hints and tips so all could find it and save me the sending. That was so thoughtful!) Paul (how did you know the Commodore Club will be my favorite??)....you are all a part of what has made this such a joy, and I thank you for your good wishes. I promise to report back and hope to keep a journal every day but without my computer I might be a bit slow putting it all together when I return. But "Penny's Hints and Tips" will still be available to all who want it although I can't imagine how I could add anything more to all that has been said before.

Cheers, Penny....who will try not to leave too many claw marks in the carpet as they drag me off!

Bon Voyage, Penny!

Thank you for putting together the "not to be missed" booklet. Mine is printed and in my suitcase already, waiting to board with me in only 15 days. ;)

OK, now my fancy is tickled ... where do I go to download said booklet :confused:

Big Guy...If you feel comfortable leaving me your email here I'll send it to you. Malcolm put it up in cyberspace for me somewhere to be downloaded but I'm a bit too rushed to go look for it right now. But I can email it quickly if I hear from you by early morning tomorrow. Cheers, penny

thx - you can send it along to bigguy212@hotmail.com. My wife and I are headed to the Mediterranean on QM2 in 9/07, can hardly wait. We did a TA a while back (QE2 in 1995) and have been too busy (Arggggggh!!) to enjoy another Cunard offering until now, so we now count the days. Much appreciated ...

Penny, how thoughtful of you to post such a nice "thank you"! Sometimes we forget to thank others for all that they do. I have meet the most wonderful people through Cruise Critic and you are right at the top of the list. I will be thinking about you everyday next week and following the webcam to see where you are and what the weather is like. I, too, look forward to your review of the ship. I also look forward to learning what you will advise future travelers on the QM2. I will not ask you to post during the cruise because I know you will be too busy and I don't want you to miss a moment on the ship. However, I cannot wait for your return and your impressions of the ship. Bon Voyage, My Friend!!! And Bon Voyage to all the other December 2nd Roll Call.

Beth

I am so jealous. I so wish I could be there also. Pepper it's been 2 months since the crossing. Seems like 2 years.

Linda

Linda

Yes, it seems so long ago, I've been re-living the voyage with photos and re-editing my review, showing other sets of friends and family the albums of pictures, doing everything I can to ensure I never come down to earth. But I know I will eventually.

I've said it before Linda and I'll say it again, you, Hazel, Gail and Kathy are lovely people, it was a privilege to travel with you.

I second what Penny has said and also want to thank Penny for her novice, wide-eyed approach to her cruise which is exactly the same situation as I find myself in. For those not in the know, Penny and I are on the same Dec. 2 sailing (with our significant others) and found each other and our fellow travellers on this board. We exchange a lot of info and found what we needed from all the postings here on CC. So I second a big thank you to everyone.

Oh Penny, I packed your "book" with all the cruise documents so it is coming with us on the ship.

David

BigGuy...I emailed the "book"...hope you got it.

Beth...what can I say to you. We started this whole gigantic Roll Call a year ago and now my biggest disappointment on Saturday is that you won't be boarding and sharing the week with all of us. Your advice and help has been beyond imagining...I am grateful beyond words. But mostly I'm grateful because I found such a dear friend whom I've never met...but we'll change that someday!! If I could get in front of that silly webcam I'd be waving just to you, Karie and Maria.

David...it's been fun anticipating with you and I know how much you share my gratitude too. See ya Sunday my friend!

Cruiserking...you were one of the first people to help me and your posts were always the ones I paid attention to. As a matter of fact, that great shot of QM2 all lit up at night in some port that you shared with me has been my screen saver for months!! I can't imagine my computer without it. Thank you...and thanks for the good wishes. Good to see you here again!

Lannp...you had the pleasure of sailing with Pepper...so I'm the jealous one. His "eye" for the ship is amazing. I hope I see it as well and can share my impressions as well as he.

Cheers all...Penny

Archived