Soda Fountain Package

I understand the soda package doesn't include bottled water, but does the dispenser have water? Or is it all just carbonated coca cola products?

Thanks!

I believe there is water available in the dispenser, but it's same water you can get for free from any bar.

I am considering purchasing the soda package on my upcoming allure cruise and was also wondering if sparkling water is included in this package? I don't mean San pelegrino or anything fancy like bottled mineral water but perhaps unflavoured carbonated regular water? I know I can get this from the freestyle machines but could I order carbonated water from the MDR? I don't drink a lot of soda because I find it too sweet but I do like the fizzy drinks and carbonated water is the best alternative I have found.

I am considering purchasing the soda package on my upcoming allure cruise and was also wondering if sparkling water is included in this package? I don't mean San pelegrino or anything fancy like bottled mineral water but perhaps unflavoured carbonated regular water? I know I can get this from the freestyle machines but could I order carbonated water from the MDR? I don't drink a lot of soda because I find it too sweet but I do like the fizzy drinks and carbonated water is the best alternative I have found.

I believe the MDR would be able to serve soda water or tonic water from their dispensers. However, it could vary ship to ship. Wait until you board to purchase the package. Then you can ask what options you have in that ship's MDR.

I believe the MDR would be able to serve soda water or tonic water from their dispensers. However, it could vary ship to ship. Wait until you board to purchase the package. Then you can ask what options you have in that ship's MDR.

Thank you I'll wait to purchase it on board!

I didn't know I could bring a case of water on board. Thanks!

By Royal's rules you aren't actually supposed to. All they allow is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom.

OP I have read that plain water actually comes out of those Freestyle machines without an RFID chip. I might have read that on a Universal forum, not Royal, so that means that ability might be suppressed on the machines on Royal ships, but it's worth putting out there.

By Royal's rules you aren't actually supposed to. All they allow is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom.

OP I have read that plain water actually comes out of those Freestyle machines without an RFID chip. I might have read that on a Universal forum, not Royal, so that means that ability might be suppressed on the machines on Royal ships, but it's worth putting out there.

You can get ice out of Royal's Freestyle machines without a special cup, but I don't believe you can get water out of the machines without the cup.

I see you are on the Freedom and they have the Freestyle Coke machines (Disanini) I know they had flavored water as a choice, at least they did when I was on the Oasis.

I thought I had read somewhere that we couldn't bring on h20. Oh well.

I'm going to go ahead and get my kids the soda package, it sounds like the freestyle machines have water and other options than just soda. So that'll work out great.

Thanks everyone!

The Royal Replenishment package includes bottled water/soda/sparkling water/premium coffees and frozen non alcoholic drinks along with fresh squeezed OJ.

Royal Replenishment isn't the same as the soda package which is called the Royal Refreshment package. Names are pretty close though. Refreshment package includes only soda (and what can be had out of the freestyle coke machines).

Edited by jtdlmc

I believe there is water available in the dispenser, but it's same water you can get for free from any bar.

At least on the freestyle machines it is labeled as Dasani water, their "purified brand" and you can add the list of flavorings.

I have purchased the soda package for our upcoming cruise. However, I much prefer CANNED sodas rather than fountain drinks since I find them overly sweet even when ordering diet drinks. Anyone know if canned sodas are available or only fountain drinks. (We were on Serenade last year after the refurb and they didn't have freestyle so assume they still don't but I didn't have the soda pkg and cannot recall if canned drinks are available.)

I have purchased the soda package for our upcoming cruise. However, I much prefer CANNED sodas rather than fountain drinks since I find them overly sweet even when ordering diet drinks. Anyone know if canned sodas are available or only fountain drinks. (We were on Serenade last year after the refurb and they didn't have freestyle so assume they still don't but I didn't have the soda pkg and cannot recall if canned drinks are available.)

No cans are available as part of the drink packages. Only drinks from the fountain and Freestyle machines, should the ship have a Freestyle machine.