Brooklyn Cruise terminal (Red Hook)

Lindsaycruiser

We are taking cruise Oct. 25 on Queen Mary 2 leaving from Brooklyn cruise terminal. We are coming in day before cruise and need some help finding a hotel near the cruise terminal. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Medium budget.

The other question is a hotel near Coney Island and then need transfer to cruise terminal. My husband would like to visit Coney Island.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I would not suggest a hotel all the way out near Coney Island since it is a long trip from the airport and to your cruise with luggage. It may be easiest to have your hotel by the cruise terminal and near a subway. There are options like Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn. Coney Island is right on two subway lines. It's easy to get to. Check the hours and what you are interested in doing there before you go. The theme park isn't open on weekdays in the spring/fall. It's only open on weekends, so during the week it can be rather deserted outside of summer.

Edited by Roseflyer

I would not suggest a hotel all the way out near Coney Island since it is a long trip from the airport and to your cruise with luggage. It may be easiest to have your hotel by the cruise terminal and near a subway. There are options like Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn. Coney Island is right on two subway lines. It's easy to get to. Check the hours and what you are interested in doing there before you go. The theme park isn't open on weekdays in the spring/fall. It's only open on weekends, so during the week it can be rather deserted outside of summer.[/Q

Thank you.

We are flying into LaGuardia. Do you know if any hotels offer shuttle service to cruise terminal hotels in Red Hook? Or is it better to take a cab?

I agree that it is too far to have hotel near Coney Island. I would rather have hotel close to cruise terminal and find our own way to Coney Island.

I will look into Holiday Inn in Brooklyn near cruise terminal....do I have that correct.?

I would not suggest a hotel all the way out near Coney Island since it is a long trip from the airport and to your cruise with luggage. It may be easiest to have your hotel by the cruise terminal and near a subway. There are options like Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn. Coney Island is right on two subway lines. It's easy to get to. Check the hours and what you are interested in doing there before you go. The theme park isn't open on weekdays in the spring/fall. It's only open on weekends, so during the week it can be rather deserted outside of summer.[/Q

Thank you.

We are flying into LaGuardia. Do you know if any hotels offer shuttle service to cruise terminal hotels in Red Hook? Or is it better to take a cab?

I agree that it is too far to have hotel near Coney Island. I would rather have hotel close to cruise terminal and find our own way to Coney Island.

I will look into Holiday Inn in Brooklyn near cruise terminal....do I have that correct.?

Lindsaycruiser - tell us where you're from and what your hotel budget is. Your idea of " medium price" needs to be translated to real $$$$. La Guardia is way too far from Red Hook for there to be hotel shuttles. IMO if you want to go to Coney Island you want to find a hotel that has good subway connections rather than being in the closest hotel to Brooklyn Cruiseport. This is a highly urban area - don't expect anything like the Florida ports if you've sailed from there. You need a hotel with easy access to the D, F, N, or Q subway.

The Holiday Inn Express on Union Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue in Brooklyn is showing $167+ for the night of October 24. When we sailed on QM2 in October we stayed at the Super 8 on 3rd near there but for some reason they're not showing any availability for the 24th.

it's about a $10 black car ride to the pier from that area.

We are taking cruise Oct. 25 on Queen Mary 2 leaving from Brooklyn cruise terminal. We are coming in day before cruise and need some help finding a hotel near the cruise terminal. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Medium budget.

The other question is a hotel near Coney Island and then need transfer to cruise terminal. My husband would like to visit Coney Island.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I believe your husband wants to visit Luna Park, the Amusement park in Coney Island. Here is the official webpage. http://lunaparknyc.com If he's a roller coaster person, then visiting to ride the one and only Cyclone will be worth his while. Otherwise, the park itself is tiny compared to what one would consider a "theme park". (disclaimer I'm not a roller coaster nor amusement park fan, lol) Coney Island itself is an urban area. Don't stay in Queens if you want to visit Coney Island and arrive by subway. It will take you forever to get there.

Visit the webpage to check to see if when you are visiting it will be open. I hope you visit Nathan's Hotdog stand for a hotdog and a knish while you are in the neighborhood.

The Holiday Inn Express on Union Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue in Brooklyn is showing $167+ for the night of October 24. When we sailed on QM2 in October we stayed at the Super 8 on 3rd near there but for some reason they're not showing any availability for the 24th.

That would be good - N or R train one stop to 4th Ave-9th St to get the F train to Coney Island? Or is the D train from 36th St better? Or is it better to keep it simple and just take the N train all the way?

http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

Thank you for checking on that for me.

That hotel price is good for us. Do you know if there are restaurants in the area of Holiday Inn or Super 8?