Where does Royal Dock in Phuket?

golferwomen2

We are on the Mariner Of The Seas Nov 2015. We dock in Phuket Nov 9 and would like to know which port we dock in?

Contacted Royal and they said Chaophya Terminal, but as you know sometimes they really don't know and just throw out an answer.

Just want to confirm since we are having a private tour pick us up.

Thanks,

Connie

The Mariner Of the Seas doesn't dock in Phuket. It anchors in the bay outside of Kalim beach, or sometimes Patong beach and then you have to take a tender to shore

If you look at google Maps, you can see the Mariner anchoring a few meters off shore

Edited by WaveSplasher

I asked our travel agent the same question about Explorer on 6th November, he was quite confident in his response that it tenders off Patong during the high season (November - January), Fingers crossed there aren't any adverse weather conditions left over from the rainy season that ends in October. Sort of makes it hard to plan things.

Thank you for that link PaulMCO

The last time my parents sailed to Phuket it was a tender off Patong Beach.

You can see the ship from this video that my Dad took from Patong beach.

Sometimes I just click on your links to your dad's videos just to listen to the hymns. Particularly like the one in your review of Marina Bay Cruise Centre

• 1 month later...
Anyone recently on Mariner who can confirm it will tender at Patong for the next few months during high season? We are arranging a private tour and need to tell our driver. Thanks!

On the 22nd Oct 2015 cruise it was at Patong Beach and the Pier was located in front of Avantika Boutique Hotel, Thaweewong Road

• 1 month later...
We are in port in Phuket on Jan.26-27 tendering from the Mariner of the Seas.

Is it likely that the tender will still be going to Patong?

We need to let our tour operator know where to pick us up.

Thanks in advance :)

Most Probably Yes... Attached is the Scan Picture of the information taken directly from the Mariner. Please also let me know if you cannot see the scan.

Here's the Video of the tendering as well

Scan0010.pdf

Edited by WaveSplasher

We are also struggling with that same problem ... Where are we docking and keep getting different answers though. Frustrating.

By the way ... momto2monkeys..... did you not join our role call?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/mariner-of-the-seas-january-22-2016/

Hahaha relax but I do understand how you feel. We felt the same too before our cruise. Anyway, last few RC cruises to Phuket, the ship docked near Patong Beach and you can get the address from my earlier post above. The address was given to us when we were on board the Mariner OTS. :)

• 1 year later...
Typically you drop anchor and take a tender ashore which actually takes you right to the beach. Wear clothes and shoes you won't mind getting sandy or wet.

How far are you from the shops in Patong? Have been there before so just want a walk around. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have been watching Voyager's position via Marine traffic in Phuket every time she reaches there and apparently Royal Caribbean has changed her tender to the east part of the island near Regent Phuket, Cape Panwa, near the Phuket aquarium. I don't know why is RCL changing her tender port to there. It had never happened before

Sounds like a horrible place to tender. Nothing there.

I have been watching Voyager's position via Marine traffic in Phuket every time she reaches there and apparently Royal Caribbean has changed her tender to the east part of the island near Regent Phuket, Cape Panwa, near the Phuket aquarium. I don't know why is RCL changing her tender port to there. It had never happened before

Sounds like a horrible place to tender. Nothing there.

I wonder how much a taxi would cost to get to Patong from there?