New Check In format at Corfu

I was reading part of a post on another topic and it mentioned that Thomson had a new cehck in procedure at Corfu (that was to be operational last friday??).However it mentioned it didn't work. Anyone have any idea what the great "Thomson" new procedure will be? Hopefully it will be like Ocean Village check onboard luggage bonded.

I was reading part of a post on another topic and it mentioned that Thomson had a new cehck in procedure at Corfu (that was to be operational last friday??).However it mentioned it didn't work. Anyone have any idea what the great "Thomson" new procedure will be? Hopefully it will be like Ocean Village check onboard luggage bonded.

I thought luggage could only be bonded when a dedicated charter flight is used I.e. all pax are on the cruise, such as the dedicated Caribbean flights.

Thomson are using regular flights from local airports to Corfu etc which also carry non cruise pax .

I thought luggage could only be bonded when a dedicated charter flight is used I.e. all pax are on the cruise, such as the dedicated Caribbean flights.

Thomson are using regular flights from local airports to Corfu etc which also carry non cruise pax .

Don't think that's correct jake we have been on both Dubrovnik & Barbados flights, which have bonded luggage, when not all passengers went on the cruise.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Don't think that's correct jake we have been on both Dubrovnik & Barbados flights, which have bonded luggage, when not all passengers went on the cruise.

Yes that was true for our recent Discovery Caribbean flight, but the flight was a dedicated charter for the cruise, and obviously spare capacity had been sold.

I may be wrong but aren't the Dubrovnik flights dedicated similarly?

I've never come across bonded baggage on a regular standard flight.

Yes that was true for our recent Discovery Caribbean flight, but the flight was a dedicated charter for the cruise, and obviously spare capacity had been sold.

I may be wrong but aren't the Dubrovnik flights dedicated similarly?

I've never come across bonded baggage on a regular standard flight.

I would agree with you on that, there are only six possible flights for the cruises from Dubrovnik, which equates to approx the full compliment of cruise passengers.

Hi. I fly into Corfu from Newcastle on Friday and back the following week. Please can someone explain this new system to me. I travel with a disabled person so prefer to know what I have to do in advance. Sorry if his sounds ignorant but I don't understand what "bonded luggage" means

It is not bonded at Corfu don't worry you will not notice any difference from other airports its just a Thomson IT change, well that's what they told us, and Thomson are not good with IT. Bonded luggage is when your luggage is taken off you at outbound airport placed in a container and taken directly to the ship, you do not have to collect it on arrival, its a great system but I have only seen it at Dubrovnik & Barbados. We noted a lot of wheelchair users including some motorised, they had no problems at the airport.

Bonded luggage is also used at Montego Bay I believe it depends on the cost and is probably far too expensive in most ports I thought it may be bonded in Dubai but not to be so obviously port staff are well paid It will probably be bonded luggage in the Dominican Republic for Celebrations cruises next winter

Oh Dear>>>> Thomson and "IT" that sounds ominous...

Corfu is always chaos, que to get in airport, que to check in cases back off and then que to get them scanned by security. You wonder next year when its discovery 2 (extra few hundred people) what it will be like.

Bonded luggage is also used at Montego Bay I believe it depends on the cost and is probably far too expensive in most ports I thought it may be bonded in Dubai but not to be so obviously port staff are well paid It will probably be bonded luggage in the Dominican Republic for Celebrations cruises next winter

When we did DR on the Destiny about 10yrs ago it was not bonded, check in was outside[emoji20] and similar to Corfu with the X-ray but it may have changed. I thought D2 was out of Malaga? Which we don't like one bit, that's the airport.

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

When we did DR on the Destiny about 10yrs ago it was not bonded, check in was outside[emoji20] and similar to Corfu with the X-ray but it may have changed. I thought D2 was out of Malaga? Which we don't like one bit, that's the airport.

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

D2 is out of Malaga in 20017, and out of Corfu in 2018.