OBC as a gift?

Luv2Cruz24/7

can i buy OBC for someone? I saw there are gift certificates, but they have to be redeemed 10 days before the cruise. I wanted them to have it and tell them right before they cruise that I gifted it to them to use. I wouldn't mind just buying the things i want them to get, but i can't figure out how to do that either. (i want to buy them a few hours of online time and a picture from a photographer) But i don't mind OBC and they can just pay for the stuff with that. Any info will help. Thanks (I'm overseas so calling RCI is not a good option)

can i buy OBC for someone? I saw there are gift certificates, but they have to be redeemed 10 days before the cruise. I wanted them to have it and tell them right before they cruise that I gifted it to them to use. I wouldn't mind just buying the things i want them to get, but i can't figure out how to do that either. (i want to buy them a few hours of online time and a picture from a photographer) But i don't mind OBC and they can just pay for the stuff with that. Any info will help. Thanks (I'm overseas so calling RCI is not a good option)

Yes you can buy OBC for someone ekse but you need to call. There is no way to do it online. It would be easiest if you had their reservation number however I have been abe to buy a gift for someone before without their reservation number.

Not sure of the number you would call from overseas but the department you want is Gifts & Gear.

Yes call, DO NOT buy the certificates. They seem to be a lot of trouble to redeem. I know they were for me. Bought some online, redeemed them, then showed to have an outstanding balance on my fare, after final payment. Took some effort to finally get it fixed. But they did. Seems much safer to call.

They did give me $100 OBC for my troubles though. (y)