Refund for cancelled ship's excursion

katz

It looks like our day in Cairo has been cancelled. We booked a ship's excursion. How will we receive a refund? I hope that it is not in OBC!

Edited by katz

If it is cancelled before you board it usually is returned to your CC if you used one

If it cancelled while on the ship it will be a refundable OBC on your shipboard account which you can get cash for on the last full day if you have not spent it by then ;)

Thanks for the info about the excursion refund. What is the difference between refundable and non-refundable OBC? Our TA always gives us credit, and our next two cruises come with OBCs from O.

Thanks for the info about the excursion refund. What is the difference between refundable and non-refundable OBC? Our TA always gives us credit, and our next two cruises come with OBCs from O.

Non refundable = use it or lose it

refundable = you get the cash on the last full day of the cruise if you do not owe more than the refund on your shipboard account

Edited by LHT28

What happens if you choose an OLife excursion and that excursion is canceled?

Are you stuck with one less excursion? Do you get a refund?

I suppose it might be possible to choose a different excursion but if the one you selected is for one of the later ports or even the last port, there might not be an acceptable option.

Has anybody run into this?

Mary

I know the definitions of refundable and non-refundable. I was asking how do I determine which is which. This is the first I have heard of credits being refundable. I just understood them to be used or "losed". I would rather have the cash back then feel like I have to chose something on board that I really don't want just to feel like I am not throwing away my credits.

I know the definitions of refundable and non-refundable. I was asking how do I determine which is which. This is the first I have heard of credits being refundable. I just understood them to be used or "losed". I would rather have the cash back then feel like I have to chose something on board that I really don't want just to feel like I am not throwing away my credits.

usually the ones that come from Oceania as in O Life, Oceania club OBC are non refundable & if you do not use it up it is lost

Some OBC from TA's are via Oceania so would be non refundable

The best way to know before the cruise is to ask your TA

Once on board you will find cards on the desk with all the OBC listed & if they are refundable or non refundable

My TA also makes a note on my invoice

hope that is clearer for you

Thanks. This explanation helps. All these years, I never noticed there was a difference and my TA never mentioned it.

I am happy to know this. We have $1000 OBC on our cruise in Nov and 1800, with pre-paid gratuities on our next one in March. Now, I will know to ask!!! Thanks again.