St. George, Bermuda - Horseshoe Bay

nyfeds

Our Coastal Harbors cruise is fast approaching. One of our ports is St. George, Bermuda. Is anyone familiar with Horseshoe Bay, how close it is to St. George, and how to get from this port to the Bay? I'd appreciate information pertaining to Horseshoe Bay and any other beautiful beach locations for this port. Thank you!

Edited by nyfeds

Horseshoe Bay is on the southwest side of the island while St George's is on the northeast side. It is definitely a taxi ride away, 20 minutes roughly, but well worth the trip. I've been to Horseshoe Bay many times -- it is beautiful! :)

PS - taxis are fairly expensive on Bermuda but plentiful. It is also possible to take a bus from St George's to Horseshoe Bay but if you only have 1 day in Bermuda I would recommend taking a taxi instead. When you are ready to leave Horseshoe Bay, you will find numerous taxis waiting in the parking lot.

Keep in mind that if it is windy then your stop at St George might be changed. When we were there on Regatta we were docked at Hamilton and had to stay there for our scheduled time at St George. There is a very narrow opening to get to St George and only the smaller ships can go there. Same for Hamilton, the larger ships dock at the Royal Navy Dockyards.

Also depending on what time of year you are there the ferrys go to and from St George.

Of course if your ship happens to have noro you might not get to go to Bermuda at all. :eek:

Keep in mind that if it is windy then your stop at St George might be changed. When we were there on Regatta we were docked at Hamilton and had to stay there for our scheduled time at St George. There is a very narrow opening to get to St George and only the smaller ships can go there. Same for Hamilton, the larger ships dock at the Royal Navy Dockyards.

Also depending on what time of year you are there the ferrys go to and from St George.

Of course if your ship happens to have noro you might not get to go to Bermuda at all. :eek:

We are cruising in October.

Was your cruise affected by Noro? I'd rather not dwell on that possibility for our cruise ;)

We are cruising in October.

Was your cruise affected by Noro? I'd rather not dwell on that possibility for our cruise ;)

When we were on the Riviera TA we were going to spend two days in Bermuda but were denied entry due to noro.

In April we docked in Hamilton for 2 days then a storm was brewing so we spent an extra day there rather than take to the high seas ;)

No noro ;)

If you have not been before hire a private taxi guide & see the island

try some Wahoo bites at Wahoo restaurant in St Georges ..very yummy

Edited by LHT28

Hoping noro stays far, far away!!!

We have two days in Bermuda, and one will be spent touring. The other will be on our own to wander and explore. Looking for a nice beach along the way.

Thanks for the Wahoo recommendation :)