best time to debark breakaway

melsmom303

I have not taken the train but, in my expierence, if you take your own luggage off ship you should have no problem making it to GCT in time for either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amtrak is what she is taking to ct. Not metro north.

Of course she might be picking up Amtrak in new Rochelle then metro north is a possibility

But the smart money says this poster is talking about picking up Amtrak at penn station

Unless the ship is delayed you will be off by 8 am if you want but do self debark

Of course you could debark at leisure just go for the later train

Knowing Amtrak both trains will be delayed anyway. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Was one the Breakaway last January 5th for the 12 day South Carribean, upon our return on the 17th my husband and I were suppose to catch a 11:30 train out of Penn station.

The lines were so long, it was after 10 am and the first group had not been called to leave the ship, we snuck off the ship in an effort to make our train, to stand out in the cold on the approach to the customs building after walking off the gang plank for over an hour.

We missed our train, and only managed to clear customs just before noon, and then had to wait another 1/2 hour for a cab.

My advise is to book a later train. If you get there early, you could always see if you can get on the earlier train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WE ARE TAKING THE AMTRACK BACK HOME TO CT. I CAN GET A TRAIN AT 10 AM OR 11 30 AM :confused::confused::confused::confused:

We disembarked with all our luggage, so we were off by 7:30 am. The ship cleared the Port Authority at 7:15am. There are cabs waiting across the street of the West Side HWY so you should have no trouble getting to Grand Central Sta. by 10am

Edited by beachcomberbill