Amazing Race Cozumel

Flip Flops Always

I think total time was 3 or 4 hours? It was almost exactly what Carnival said. We did choose to stay and eat lunch at the "pit stop" where you finish the race, then they cover the taxi back to port. Be sure to wear tennis shoes bc you cover A LOT of ground. Definitely more than a mkle, but done in small chunks so you only notice when you get back to the ship and find yourself ready to nap ;) we woudl do it again in a heartbeat!!

We had a great time on this excursion in 2013. I would think this is available from any ship as long as you make it in to port early enough. If I recall correctly, our excursion had participants from several other ships, including other cruise lines.

When my wife and I went back to Cozumel last year, we tried to re-trace our steps, to see things at a slower pace. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sail solo and got stuck with a couple I didn't know. He couldn't write without someone having to spell out every word and took WAY too long, wouldn't relinquish the paper to his wife or me. Slowed us down. The museum was kind of hard. The crowd at the sign was just too many people all at once to be able to see the thing. It was hot. It was a bit frustrating, overall would have been much better by myself or someone else.

If you ask I don't see why they wouldn't let you did it alone.

Thank you everyone for your replies. How many teams are allowed?

When my daughter and I did it in 2014, there were about 10-12 teams. We came in 7th or 8th. The group that won had like 8 people which probably helps in the museum! It was a lot of fun. Its not the place you come in, but the fun you have doing it! Even though we were just 2, we were often around other teams. I think a solo could do it by themselves and might be more fun than trying to interact with people you don't know. You will be with others many times (museum, waterfront, pit stop) so you won't be "alone". The lunch we had at the end was good. Bring cash for the pit stop because when we were there they didn't take credit cards (hopefully that has changed).

We did it on the Liberty last New Years, great time! Had 20 teams the day we did it, several teams are on the boat part together and only 1 person (from any team) needs to get into the water for the clues. No one on my team got in as there were several that raised their hand to do it from other teams and they picked one of them.

Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water if going when super hot (it was mid 80s last New Years week) but the extra running around makes a difference in heat. It is a lot of fun!

Edited by Drazil65

It is easily one of my favorite excursions of ALL time! It was incredible. Yes, you have to swim to get one clue but they take you out on a boat of about 12-16 people (2-4 teams) so we did the swimming for all of those teams and shared the clue.

The food and drinks at the "pit stop" were great and we enjoyed lunch and relaxing time. We also had a drink and beer on the boat to the snorkeling part of the race.

The museum was the hardest part and is at the beginning so don't let it slow you down or bother you... You can make up that time.

My husband and I came in 6th out of 15 teams and that is when we were a LOT heavier than we are now. Placing 1-3rd is EASILY attainable! This excursion was AWESOME!

This was one of our best excursions ever. Our race had stiff competition from about three other families that were very similar to mine. We ran in second place almost the whole race but the family in first made an error on the last clue that allowed us to pass and take the lead. My husband and sons are very competitive so we ran almost the whole time. I'd actually like to do it again at a leisurely pace with no intent to win to take in more of the local sights.

I think whether or not it is easy to win depends on the other teams in your race. We finished a full hour before the last team in our race, but that team enjoyed their day as much as we did. I attached a pic of us with our medals ;)

105_1902.jpg.f3af8997cb7e336580f3c1316d80cd43.jpg

Drazil65' date=' thanks for the response. Looks like we've made a decision on at least one excursion.[/quote']

Several locals also cheered us on which was kind of fun! They probably see us tourists running through the streets daily!! One guy in our boat who offered to go swimming to double check the clue went in the water with the portable cell phone they give you. Be sure not to do that!!

Is this doable with a toddler if we bring an umbrella stroller? I have always wanted to do this! And is this one bootable only onboard, or can you bok it yourself? Average cost?

There are places you cannot go with a stroller in tow. If you had enough other people on your team maybe one person could stay with the child during certain challenges. I would look on the excursion description as there may even be a minimum age requirement.

When we did it in 2013 it was exclusive to Carnival lines and not available on other lines or for individual booking. I think the rate was around $80 pp but that would all be available for you to see on your cruiselines excursion list. We booked it before the cruise through the Carnival website.