NCL private island 1st timers things for family

Familyfuntimes

It's a beach day, pure and simple! Lounger are everywhere....no charge for them, and you can move them about, if you want to. Bring your pool towels from the ship, and just have a great day on a beautiful beach! A BBQ lunch is served on the beach, and just like on the ship, you can charge your drinks to your ship's account.

You can come and go at will...

There is little need to spend anything on any of the "private beaches/islands" on any cruise line!

We're there around that time frame too, but I think it's too early to get any concrete information. GSC is closed for renovations right now, and doesn't reopen until (I think) November. There's info on what NCL is doing here:

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

Maybe I'm missing it, but that link doesn't show anything about an opening date right?

Maybe I'm missing it, but that link doesn't show anything about an opening date right?

It doesn't, but I remember seeing November in another thread, I think it was out of an NCL press release that people were quoting maybe?

And, looking at the website, November cruise bookings on the Sky still show GSC as a stop, so I'm assuming that most of the public areas will be done by then (unless Matthew messes it up).

The suites section isn't open until sometime in early 2017, though. I'm booked on one of the last cruises of the year on the Sky, and I know the section isn't supposed to be open at that point.

It doesn't, but I remember seeing November in another thread, I think it was out of an NCL press release that people were quoting maybe?

And, looking at the website, November cruise bookings on the Sky still show GSC as a stop, so I'm assuming that most of the public areas will be done by then (unless Matthew messes it up).

The suites section isn't open until sometime in early 2017, though. I'm booked on one of the last cruises of the year on the Sky, and I know the section isn't supposed to be open at that point.

Oh ok. Thanks. I thought I was over looking it somehow. I did see where it said the suites in 2017 but couldn't find anything on the rest of the island.

I hope it is ok after hurricane Matthew. :(