Castaway Cay experiences

Tagong

I'll be there in January for the first time and would love to hear about everyone's experiences. Things to see, things to pass on seeing, best beach spots for a family with really young ones (2.5, 1.5 and 8 months). They aren't all mine but will be part of our group.

Has anyone had a cabana one year and not the other? How did those visits compare?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I have been there 7 times, it truly is the best private island there is, have been to Princess Cay and Half Moon Cay. There really is no better place for small kids, think Disney, except for the audult there are kids everywhere. We usually go to the center, closer to the food. You will have a wonderful time. We just enjoy renting a raft and float around.

• 2 weeks later...
Any must does while at Castaway? We like the beach will spend most of our day there but what shouldn't be missed away from the sun/sand and water?

Away from the beach there really isn't a whole lot. They have bikes you can rent if you want to go to the lookout tower (you can also walk if you like but it is about 1 mile and a half from the family beach) or just pedal up and down the old runway. The tower itself offers views of the undeveloped areas of the island and you can see the ship from there.

My wife and I spent most of our time at Serenity Bay which is the Adults only area and it was fantastic. If anyone is an avid runner they have a 5k fun run you can do in the morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Avoid that banana boat thing if you have a bad back/neck. It was torture! Beautiful island. It's been years since we've been but we've seen all the cruise lines private islands and this and half moon cay are he best by far. Get off the ship early as the good spots fill up quick. On any cruise ship island, if you want a hammock, you gotta be quick!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Caribbean Fun

There were characters all around the island, so be on the look out. We don't have kids so we went to the adult beach which was awesome. I'd say if you want to avoid crowds, never go to the first beach you get to, try going further down on the island. Also seating can be tight during peak hours around 12 so might want to try getting to lunch early or late.