Taxi or transfer

Luv my furbaby

A little reading down the board would reveal it is a $24-26 (it seems to vary a little) fixed rate taxi ride, and taxi is the best way to go.

The difference in the rate is a local disagreement on whether the rate has gone up or not.

Edited by CruiserBruce

• 3 weeks later...

Taxi is the way to go. You leave when you want, stop only at the your ship, and don't have to worry about your luggage being last to be unloaded.

Last year in Miami we spent $24.00 including tip.

• 2 weeks later...

How many people can fit in a cab.... Me, wife and kids (13,12,7)... Would I need two cabs? MIA to POM... Also I have never flown or rode in a cab... R the cabs waiting at the airport and is there a lot of them...

How many people can fit in a cab.... Me, wife and kids (13,12,7)... Would I need two cabs? MIA to POM... Also I have never flown or rode in a cab... R the cabs waiting at the airport and is there a lot of them...

There are van and SUV style cabs for the same flat rate fare. If your wife packs like mine you'll need the van. :o There will be a cab expediter working the line - let him know your party size, you may need to wait a minute for a van/SUV cab to come to the front of the line.

The fare is per cab, not per person. Lots of cabs waiting - they go where the customers and money are. ;) Same cab line and process when you leave the ship - ignore those shuttle vans trolling for customers :(; they will charge more and your cab will be at MIA before they are full and leaving POM.

Just remember....when the shuttle trolls tell you "Hey, we are only $11! A cab will cost you more than that!"

Shuttles are PER PERSON, cabs are for how many people you can cram in there. Taxis are almost always a better deal.

So, as I understand it, a taxi for 4 from the FLL airport to the cruise line port in FLL is 24 dollars, so would be an efficient and smart thing to do? We will be arriving just before noon the day of departure, departure being at 4. The HAL transfers are 19 per person.....Would we be cutting it too close? thanks,

So, as I understand it, a taxi for 4 from the FLL airport to the cruise line port in FLL is 24 dollars, so would be an efficient and smart thing to do? We will be arriving just before noon the day of departure, departure being at 4. The HAL transfers are 19 per person.....Would we be cutting it too close? thanks,

No, a taxi from the Miami airport to the Miami port is $24, fixed rate, before tip.

From Ft Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale's port) is about $15, on the meter, before tip. So $15 versus $72 for HAL's transfers...you can do the math.

From Ft Lauderdale to Miami (general area) or vice versa, is $80-85, before tip.

Edited by CruiserBruce