Found a PIC in cabin - Sensation R11

dmtiern

OK this is a total long shot - my sister removed the bottom drawer in our cabin Carnival Sensation Cabin # R11 (Porthole) and found a Bon Voyage photo dated October 10, 2013. (It is a fun candid shot in a Carnival photo folder.)

I checked roll call for Oct. 2013 but nada...I'd love to return it to whoever lost it...

Yes, but it was lost 14 months ago in 2013. Found over a year later:eek:

That has been our cabin for 5 cruises but not then & we don't do pictures anyway.

Side note we were booked to come back on ship R11 Paradise in like two weeks so larry took his ice bucket ( plastic from bar ) put our wine glasses in it & put it behind the life vest's. Yes it was right where he left it. :D

On the Legend just before dry dock I put a very small mark on my mat. so I would know if I got a new one 4191 was our cabin for 7 cruises. The rest of the story I GOT A NEW ONE. Last one in cabin before & first one after.

Char

That has been our cabin for 5 cruises but not then & we don't do pictures anyway.

Side note we were booked to come back on ship R11 Paradise in like two weeks so larry took his ice bucket ( plastic from bar ) put our wine glasses in it & put it behind the life vest's. Yes it was right where he left it. :D

On the Legend just before dry dock I put a very small mark on my mat. so I would know if I got a new one 4191 was our cabin for 7 cruises. The rest of the story I GOT A NEW ONE. Last one in cabin before & first one after.

Char

Ha! Funny story:)

I wish it was mine! Two years ago out of Baltimore I left a photo of hubby and I, it was never found. I assumed it was trashed. We were both very upset. Maybe if you show the picture someone would remember the people.

Anyone out there that might have found mine, here I am!

Good luck with your search!

but 14 months of cleaning?? there had to be a number of crew changes since then for that cabin area.

That would be around 110 turnaround days, give or take a little bit. There would have been a minimum of two contracts, most likely three. Depending on how often they shift their crew members from section to section, that could add more.

Although it is disappointing that housekeeping services weren't as efficient as they should have been, the OP was lucky it was only a picture and not something worse.

Edited by Disconnections

Why are some people ragging on the OP for trying to do a good deed. I guess many would have just written off the owners of the pic and tossed it? I think its great that they are trying to reunite it with the owner!

Was just barely reading a news article about a diver finding a camera lost back in 2012 and reuniting its sd card with the owner so they would have their pics!

I wish the OP luck in finding the owners of that pic. Im sure they would/will be very grateful to get it back and appreciate your efforts!

OK this is a total long shot - my sister removed the bottom drawer in our cabin Carnival Sensation Cabin # R11 (Porthole) and found a Bon Voyage photo dated October 10, 2013. (It is a fun candid shot in a Carnival photo folder.)

I checked roll call for Oct. 2013 but nada...I'd love to return it to whoever lost it...

How visible was it? People are assuming it was in clear view and talking about no cabin cleaning for 110 sailings. In those sailings, no passengers noted it either.

How visible was it? People are assuming it was in clear view and talking about no cabin cleaning for 110 sailings. In those sailings, no passengers noted it either.

Oh, not visible at all - she entertains herself by removing the entire bottom drawer of the "dresser" to see if there is anything hiding in there - last cruise she was on she found a new bra with tags :o:rolleyes:... Definitely NOT in clear view! (she also looks under mattresses in hotels...)

Not something I do, but we shared R11 and that is what she found, lol!

That would be around 110 turnaround days, give or take a little bit. There would have been a minimum of two contracts, most likely three. Depending on how often they shift their crew members from section to section, that could add more.

Although it is disappointing that housekeeping services weren't as efficient as they should have been, the OP was lucky it was only a picture and not something worse.

Yep. The last time I had occasion to move a sofa in a hotel room, all I found was a nasty pile of toenail clippings and crumbs. :eek: