If prices drop can you upgrade if a UK direct customer?

Flo71

Last cruise I booked with an American cruise line was Celebrity and although I am a UK resident I booked through a US agent. This meant that even past final balance date they let me upgrade and keep benefits when prices dropped close to sailing. Is this possible with Princess if I have booked direct with them in the UK?

I wonder why the rules are different in UK vs US...

Surely it will just encourage guests to book with US TA's instead. I've booked with both US and UK TA's depending on which offers the best price.

For this cruise, a UK TA was cheaper. I have made final payment and thought I had noticed a price drop. My TA was more than willing to call Princess for me.

Surely it will just encourage guests to book with US TA's instead. I've booked with both US and UK TA's depending on which offers the best price.

For this cruise, a UK TA was cheaper. I have made final payment and thought I had noticed a price drop. My TA was more than willing to call Princess for me.

Rules really are not different, either between USA and UK and between booking direct or with a TA.

Sometimes after final payment a Princess rep (or a TA working with a Princess rep) can get OBC or a credit to your credit card and sometimes the answer is "no." There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the answer is "OK" and when the answer is "no."

In the UK we have better consumer protection which will have to be covered in the cost. It will also depend where and how long a cruise is for. A very short pacific coastal can be virtually given away in the states to fill the ship whereas UK citizens have a 12 hour expensive flight which could triple the cruise price. Same for our short 3 dayers around France - not worth it for US citizens. Some you win, some you lose.

Hi

Princess are happy to price match up to final payment date the problem comes in that if cruise has not sold well Princess will give big discounts to those booking after final payment date, so if you have paid a £1000 for your cruise and you find out that those folks making new bookings get a higher grade cabin and pay less than you, would you still be happy with what you paid.

yours Shogun

Edited by Shogun