Britannia cabin C731

JimJam39

Just seen comments from a woman on a different site regarding cabin C731 on Britannia saying it was horrendous to stay in and caused her whole body to vibrate on a night. I've asked her why but had no response, could anyone think what she means by her comment? Should I be worried? I booked this cabin on select fare for Nov 2018 in the Caribbean.

We will be two decks below in October. All I can say is that we usually travel in aft cabins and have never had a problem until last year. We sailed out to the US and back on Arcadia, everything was fine until we were delayed early into the return journey so the captain put his foot down the rest of the way back. I can honestly say it was like being on a power plate. Having said that it hasn't put me off booking aft cabins [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can wait until the end of May I can give you an answer; that's the cabin we are in!

I did a search for the cabin number before booking last September and nothing came up.

We chose it because there shouldn't be much passing traffic on the corridor and isn't far from the aft stairwell.

My wife does worry about all sorts of things so I'm not going to mention this concern to her.

If you can wait until the end of May I can give you an answer; that's the cabin we are in!

I did a search for the cabin number before booking last September and nothing came up.

We chose it because there shouldn't be much passing traffic on the corridor and isn't far from the aft stairwell.

My wife does worry about all sorts of things so I'm not going to mention this concern to her.

I would be surprised if the vibration on Britannia was very noticeable, when we were on her it was so quiet I had to keep checking if we were moving - hopefully you will have no issues [emoji4]

This is exactly why I booked a cabin at the back :) Would certainly like to hear of your experience, we don't sail until November 2018.

I messaged the woman and she said she was in it on a mini cruise to Bruge and the water was choppy so I'm hoping its just that and we wont have choppy water in the Caribbean next November :D

I would be surprised if the vibration on Britannia was very noticeable, when we were on her it was so quiet I had to keep checking if we were moving - hopefully you will have no issues [emoji4

Our table in the Oriental DR on Britannia was right by a window at the stern and certainly one night (travelling from Aruba to Grand Cayman, I think), when we had choppy seas, there was a very pronounced and quite uncomfortable vibration, so much so that DD, who's normally a good sailor, felt very queasy. It was also quite noisy, which we only realised when we came out of the MDR and the rest of the ship seemed blissfully quiet!

• 2 weeks later...
Our table in the Oriental DR on Britannia was right by a window at the stern and certainly one night (travelling from Aruba to Grand Cayman, I think), when we had choppy seas, there was a very pronounced and quite uncomfortable vibration, so much so that DD, who's normally a good sailor, felt very queasy. It was also quite noisy, which we only realised when we came out of the MDR and the rest of the ship seemed blissfully quiet!

Eek we've booked an aft in October - time will tell!

Have been in aft cabins on 2 cruise ships and each time I think it is fair to say that you can feel a slight vibration - but you get used to it. You can feel it when you are docking as well. We had F729 on Britannia and loved it so much we have booked it again :)

Hi Presto, hoping you spot this. I've got F727 booked for 4th June and someone else on these boards has booked F729 for the same cruise. If you've booked it again the noise from the Live Lounge obviously isn't a problem but how much did the soot on the balcony bother you and were you happy about the size of the balcony. Thanks for the help

Hi, we last had the cabin on a Canary Island 14 night cruise Aug 2015. We could sometimes hear muxic or the bass in the distance but nothing to annoy or for us to moan about. The only time it snnoyed me was one afternoon when I was sitying on the balcony relaxing and they had a rehearsal. You can

hear the music more on the balcony.

Re the soot ... yip there was some but there was only one sea day when it was bad and caused an issue and the staff came and washed it down. I think it was because we'd been traveling fast. We had learned from having an aft cabin on Celebrity Silhouette to take a flannel to dust it down in the morning and flip flops. That sounds bad but it really isn't. The cabins are really quiet and the view stunning.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

The noise was pretty bad at night on E deck and for rehersals. Mainly the base beats and the live lounge seems to be open later than we remember. Slight smell of smoke too this time. The soots a problem if they have to put their foot down abit. Got on the towels, books when reading plus us sunbathing on the balcony! They now give you slippers so you don't mark the carpet! Saying that we had some lovely sunny days on the aft balcony when the top deck was windy.The guy underneath us on F deck was complaining about the soot as well.

Thank you for the information sapphire and presto2. Glad the balcony is big and we'll use our duster before we sit down for breakfast on the balcony.

We love aft cabins and we just thought it would be ideal for these amazing ports. It's our first time on Britannia so it seemed like somebody had something negative to say about every cabin type we looked at. Cruisers seems to have a love/hate relationship with Britannia but we're excited to be trying her out and will go with an open mind. Hope you enjoy your cruise presto.

Thank you for the information sapphire and presto2. Glad the balcony is big and we'll use our duster before we sit down for breakfast on the balcony.

We love aft cabins and we just thought it would be ideal for these amazing ports. It's our first time on Britannia so it seemed like somebody had something negative to say about every cabin type we looked at. Cruisers seems to have a love/hate relationship with Britannia but we're excited to be trying her out and will go with an open mind. Hope you enjoy your cruise presto.

I'm sure that you will love it. We love aft cabins as well ---- actually, thinking about it we love any cabin with a balcony ;-) Just to be so close to the sea makes it so special and to hear the sea ... bliss.

Just becareful with the stairs - there are some at the back near the aft cabins, but they don't go all the way down (can't remember where they end) but to get to the atrium you need to use some others. Some people moan but we always had a good laugh -- walking down them and then realising that we were at a dead end and having to walk up a few flights again ! I think we had sorted it by the time we left ;)

We loved Britannia and, yes there are things that can be better, but I imagine that is the same for every ship. What we dislike, someone else likes etc and you can't please all of the people all of the time!

When we were on the ship we bumped in to an elderly couple who were in the disabled cabin by us. They were beaming and could not praise the ship enough. They loved their cabin and location.

We are happy to go back to this cruise for May just to be in that cabin on Britannia again watching the wake ..... can't wait.

Will try to put some photos on of the view from the balcony F729 but have never done it before so be patient !

I actually don't mind the juddering. I much prefer it to the front of the ship where you can feel the rolling on the waves.

We have done a 2 week Med cruise and a 1 week Fjord cruise on Britannia, both in suites right at the front of the ship. We felt no movement whatsoever 99% of the time and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them. The very minor movement one day was no worse in our suite than elsewhere on the ship. We have booked an aft corner suite (F deck) this year and I am worrying about noise from the Live Lounge, the stench of cigarette smoke from the smoking area beneath (not shown on the deck plan as extending under our balcony, but it does) and now vibration and soot!! I would change the booking to a front suite in a heartbeat, but wife and daughters are set on the large rear balcony. :(

We have booked an aft corner suite (F deck) this year and I am worrying about noise from the Live Lounge, the stench of cigarette smoke from the smoking area beneath (not shown on the deck plan as extending under our balcony, but it does) and now vibration and soot!!

I wouldn't worry about the smoke issue or the noise from the live lounge. We recently stayed in a balcony cabin on G deck above the lounge on port side. We didn't have any issues at all from music or smoke. Even though it shows the deck extending to the aft, the chairs and tables for smokers are far more forward near to the cabins with lifeboats outside. Also there is an extension to the live lounge on the port side which appears to be a guest artist dressing room so only enough space for four sunloungers. We wouldn't hesitate to book a G deck balcony again as it was so handy for everything, no need to worry about the lack of stairs and no probs with lifts. As I said in an earlier post our cabin on C deck aft had issues with soot and I definitely wouldn't book that cabin again. I did notice looking over our C deck balcony the lower the deck the less soot there was. We had none at all on our G deck balcony but it wasn't facing aft.

Edited by my marina bay
Spell

I wouldn't worry about the smoke issue or the noise from the live lounge. We recently stayed in a balcony cabin on G deck above the lounge on port side. We didn't have any issues at all from music or smoke. Even though it shows the deck extending to the aft, the chairs and tables for smokers are far more forward near to the cabins with lifeboats outside. Also there is an extension to the live lounge on the port side which appears to be a guest artist dressing room so only enough space for four sunloungers. We wouldn't hesitate to book a G deck balcony again as it was so handy for everything, no need to worry about the lack of stairs and no probs with lifts. As I said in an earlier post our cabin on C deck aft had issues with soot and I definitely wouldn't book that cabin again. I did notice looking over our C deck balcony the lower the deck the less soot there was. We had none at all on our G deck balcony but it wasn't facing aft.

Many thanks - that's very reassuring. We had a rear corner suite on Ventura recently and didn't hear a sound (other than deck chairs being dragged around for cleaning early one morning) and due to the different configuration (no outdoor smoking areas below) had no smoke issues and we heard no noise from the lounge (we were on A deck though). Feedback from passengers who have stayed in these rear suites on Britannia all contradict one another, so I remain anxious about whether or not we have made a bad decision. Thanks for sharing your positive experience though.

I have a very sensitive nose and could smell smoke on E deck. I did wonder if someone was having a cheeky cigarette /cigar on their balcony? The noise was galling especially when we had two fabulous early morning trips booked and wanted an early night. The base was banging away after 11pm. The vibration was throughout the cruise , not unpleasant. A totally different experience to a front suite which I felt moved up and down , feet up head down so to speak which I wasn't keen on and suffered feeling wobbly for several days afterwards.The soot was a problem though.

As I have said, people have had completely contradictory experiences. My Marina Bay positive, Sapphire4 negative. I guess I will know the truth in a few months time and will be sure to post the outcome.