Grits???

KajunCruiser

and if you are a true grit lover (like me), you probably won't like them - they are pretty bland (and as my grandmomma said - you can't add enough salt to grits if you don't put it in the cooking water) and runny.,..and don't even try to pretend they are gonna be stone ground! LOL I love grits but I find that I much prefer Norwegians corn beef hash as a breakfast side.

Just don't faint when you see someone put milk and sugar on them.

YES! that would be me! my southern friends cringe when they see me devour my grits like a true Yankee, with milk n sugar. delicious.

With that being said, it seems all of the hot cereals are a little thin and runny. i think i put some in a bowl and covered it with a plate for a few minutes to thicken it up.

It's the only food on a cruise ship I have felt I needed to salt...sometimes I just add some extra butter. :) but they have been on every ship I had sailed in the MDR and on the buffet and, yes, in the MDR they do tend to bring them out first (like cereal) instead of with the rest of the meal. Be sure the say you want everything at the same time (unless you want something else earlier).

I couldn't tell you. I am originally from New York and never ate grits while growing up. However, my wife says yes. My wife loves her grits and had them on our last sailing with NCL. She is from Tennessee :)

There you have it. Grits are on the Cruise

I guess I have a crazy question but does anyone know if they have Grits on the Pearl? We are on the Pearl out of Los Angeles through the Panama Canal to New Orleans

Thanks

Being a Louisiana girl I love my grits and eggs for breakfast and we have never had trouble getting them on any of our cruises with NCL. I think we even had them in the Mediterranean.

It's the only food on a cruise ship I have felt I needed to salt...sometimes I just add some extra butter. :) but they have been on every ship I had sailed in the MDR and on the buffet and, yes, in the MDR they do tend to bring them out first (like cereal) instead of with the rest of the meal. Be sure the say you want everything at the same time (unless you want something else earlier).

Thanks