las minute day pass advice

megann831

I finally convinced my husband to cancel Balmoral Island and do a day pass. I think I remember Hiltons seeming the best choice for us. We'll be in Nassau Thursday 11-7, we're looking for a beach and pool with activities, non motorized boats, inflatable, sand toys, ect. It seemed like we could do this for under $50 an adult. We'll have a 2 and 4 year old that are very active and adventurous. What should we do? How do we get there? How much will it cost? We're coming in on the Carnival Pride.

I finally convinced my husband to cancel Balmoral Island and do a day pass. I think I remember Hiltons seeming the best choice for us. We'll be in Nassau Thursday 11-7, we're looking for a beach and pool with activities, non motorized boats, inflatable, sand toys, ect. It seemed like we could do this for under $50 an adult. We'll have a 2 and 4 year old that are very active and adventurous. What should we do? How do we get there? How much will it cost? We're coming in on the Carnival Pride.

The Hilton is not an active property and does not have activities or inflatables. It's a quiet, relaxing environment.

You might look into melia or even the 12:30 ferry to Blue Lagoon.

I think you are thinking of the Melia (formerly Sheraton). It has pools, beach, watersports and seems kid-friendly. I think it is $30 for the day pass - not sure about the price for children.

I believe children are half price. You can take a taxi or the jitney.

I would go for Blue Lagoon. My wife and I did this last year and loved it. Lots of inflatables for the kids plus you can watch the dolphin encounter as well. Also very relaxing for the adults as they have a calm lagoon with plenty of chairs or a natural beach side of the island. Price is probably a bit more than you are looking for (I think around 75 per adult, not sure for kids) but in my opinion worth it.