Dominica tours

the english lady

I would search for these tour establishments on trip advisor. I have never has bad luck when booking a tour that has high marks on tripadvisor. These tours sound interesting! So far I only looked the first one up, but it had 5/5 stars & many review pics. Not sure if this helps. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Has anyone used any of these..

We would only be looking at a morning tour

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/tours_dominica.html

http://www.reynotours.com/tours.html

http://www.nietours.com/dominicatours.html

Are they all good?

We did reyno tours. It was a good tour of the island, but it is in small vans, hard to see out windows, and the roads are very windy & bad. Make sure you take something for motion sickness. However it is a beautiful place, loved the trafelgar falls.

cruisingexcursions.com are just a third party booking agency like Viator. They pay 16% commission to travel agents, so goodness knows by how much they are loading their tours. You don't really need to pre book tours in the Caribbean as it is easy and cheap to find a mini bus or taxi and driver at the port for a fraction of the cost that the ships or cruisingexcursions are going to charge you.

We have done a combination of getting a tour and booking in advance. We have only booked in advance in places where the local tours get rave reviews.

Domenica is a beautiful island, one of my favourites.

cruisingexcursions.com are just a third party booking agency like Viator. They pay 16% commission to travel agents, so goodness knows by how much they are loading their tours. You don't really need to pre book tours in the Caribbean as it is easy and cheap to find a mini bus or taxi and driver at the port for a fraction of the cost that the ships or cruisingexcursions are going to charge you.

We have done a combination of getting a tour and booking in advance. We have only booked in advance in places where the local tours get rave reviews.

Domenica is a beautiful island, one of my favourites.

Have you ever been to Emerald Pool or Volcanic Sand Beach? My family is planning on booking this excursion and I am wondering if you have been to these locations and what you liked or know about these places. What could we expect to do at these places?

Thank you.

Have you ever been to Emerald Pool or Volcanic Sand Beach? My family is planning on booking this excursion and I am wondering if you have been to these locations and what you liked or know about these places. What could we expect to do at these places?

Thank you.

Hey, we used My Sisters Tours and went different places, not sure about Emerald Pool...can't remember all the places we went...lol but went to Mero beach, black sand beach....beautiful. The tour operator will stay and wait for you. We had lunch and enjoyed the beach. Hoping to go back there again in Mar!! Such an unspoiled island!

We did a custom planned tour with champagnereef.com last February. We wanted to snorkel at Champagne Reef and then see the hot springs at Trafalgar Falls. A woman picked DH and I up in an SUV and brought us for snorkeling (another person joined us for the guided snorkel), and then she drove us to the falls, showed us the hot springs and then brought us back to port.

We didn't want to do the 8 hour tour that most operators push. Ours was between 3 to 4 hours and cost $59/person. It was the first private excursion that we booked and DH was really pleased with the 'custom made' aspect of it - seeing and doing only what was important to us. They were quite willing to give us a tour that we wanted, at the time (morning) that we wanted.