Explorer dress

KaraokeQueen

We are doing a crossing on Whisper in May. Two days later, we join the Explorer. Our plan is to ship home luggage after the first segment. Can anyone tell me what to expect the nightly dress will be on the Explorer. Thanks 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wear either cocktail dresses, slacks with a nice top, or if in warm climates a sundress. But I dress fancier than most. My ou would be fine with slacks and several tips to mix and match. No formal wear needed ever.

We are doing a crossing on Whisper in May. Two days later, we join the Explorer. Our plan is to ship home luggage after the first segment. Can anyone tell me what to expect the nightly dress will be on the Explorer. Thanks 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just a smile will do!!

Oh,yeah!

Bill, I think you've been land locked for too long! Time to get back out to sea :)

Rachel, thanks for the info. I too tend to "dress" but, was hoping to ship home the finery after the Whisper and go "Explorer". No Bill, that is not Commando!

Would sure make packing simpler!

I am assuming that the Explorer going from Lisbon to Portsmouth UK will be a bit dressier than floating around remote islands? Sigh. Now I have to start thinking about what I need to pack.

Would sure make packing simpler!

I am assuming that the Explorer going from Lisbon to Portsmouth UK will be a bit dressier than floating around remote islands? Sigh. Now I have to start thinking about what I need to pack.

No fear for us regarding wine. I'm sure the ship will stock up along the way. Your itinerary is lovely. We did it last May on the Whisper.

That is nice to hear! Looking forward to it. Hope going solo will not be a problem on this itinerary? Not that I have a choice this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going solo will not be a problem. There are many ports of call and the shore excursion offerings are super. Avoid the Chateau Haut Bailly wine dinner if offered. We went and the food was average at best but, the most disappointing part, we were never allowed inside the chateau itself but, in a out building that had zero charm. We did a Basque cooking class from Bilboa that was great fun. Still had the photo ops around Bilboa as well. I recognize that the Explorer excursions are included but, seeing your trip focuses on wine and food, these options might be available to you.

If you are spending time in Lisboa prior to departure, I highly recommend going to Clube De Fado for dinner. Makes for a memorable evening.

Edited by KaraokeQueen

Thanks for the suggestions. A wine dinner is offered but will have to check where ...the one you reference does not sound right. Will have to check.

I think there will be two lunches on shore provided, one in Bilbao and the other, a high end one in Bordeaux. Hope its the same casual dress code like other Explorer voyages, don't plan on bringing any sport coats... Best we will do is resort casual for the captains welcome. If that's not good enough we will dine in the room as not to embarrass any one...

I doubt that you will embarrass anyone. Although I will say that those dinners were a bit more upscale on the Discoverer than I had expected. But the room was so dark that nobody could really see. And the Captain isn't going to care!