Airports for Canada to NYC Cruise

Tall Stacks

Air reservations have opened for our fall cruise next year from Quebec to NY on the Emerald Princess. It hit me that I have no idea which airport we need to fly into in Quebec and which to fly out of in NY. TA on vacation for next couple weeks, but I usually book our flights myself anyway.

Can you help? Thanks.

Air reservations have opened for our fall cruise next year from Quebec to NY on the Emerald Princess. It hit me that I have no idea which airport we need to fly into in Quebec and which to fly out of in NY. TA on vacation for next couple weeks, but I usually book our flights myself anyway.

Can you help? Thanks.

On the Emerald Princess, I'm guessing you will be sailing from Quebec City. We did this itinerary in October.

You can fly directly into Quebec City, although it is not an international airport and will likely change plans either in Montreal or Toronto. Of course, where you are coming from depends as well.

Can you help? Thanks.

It would help to know where you are flying from (home city).

In New York, Newark airport is the least convenient. If using Newark, book the Princess transfer. Taxi/car service can be expensive since tolls are involved and you will be crossing a state line.

LaGuardia is about a half hour from the Brooklyn port, and is probably best for flights of 1500 miles or less.

JFK is a perennial nuisance. It's about an hour from the Brooklyn port. It's the best choice for international travel or coast-to-coast flights.

For Quebec, I am not sure. When I did this, I stayed in Montreal and took the train to Quebec (a 3 hour ride). The train station is a 10 minute taxi ride to the ship.

On the Canadian 'end' as had been mentioned, you can fly into Quebec City. What a fabulous treat awaits you - do fly in AT LEAST a day early and definitely stay in Old Quebec. Hotel Le Port Royal is amazing... You can walk to the ship from the hotel. This is one of our favorite cruises ever and Quebec City is definitely our favorite port of departure (can you tell I loved it!!)

On the Emerald Princess, I'm guessing you will be sailing from Quebec City. We did this itinerary in October.

You can fly directly into Quebec City, although it is not an international airport and will likely change plans either in Montreal or Toronto. Of course, where you are coming from depends as well.

Quebec City (YQB, as mentioned) is indeed an international airport, though not a very big one. United, US Airways, and Delta (upcoming) all fly between the USA (as far west as Chicago) and YQB. There are also seasonal flights to the Caribbean and, I believe, even Paris on Air Transat.

Archived