What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Majesty holds significantly more PAX than any Vision class ship. Could not imagine RC giving up berthing in the hot 3 / 4 day market out of South Florida. They could bring in Grandeur but lose berths, plus what would they then put in Baltimore? Radiance-class may fit, don't think Voyager class or greater will fit there.

Could a Voyager class potentially replace Majesty? Seems those ships are spread a bit thin. No way RC will concede 3 and 4 day market. Cash cows.

So what's the best guess here for when Majesty eventually is transferred out of the fleet?

Majesty holds significantly more PAX than any Vision class ship. Could not imagine RC giving up berthing in the hot 3 / 4 day market out of South Florida. They could bring in Grandeur but lose berths, plus what would they then put in Baltimore? Radiance-class may fit, don't think Voyager class or greater will fit there.

Could a Voyager class potentially replace Majesty? Seems those ships are spread a bit thin. No way RC will concede 3 and 4 day market. Cash cows.

So what's the best guess here for when Majesty eventually is transferred out of the fleet?

I think they move Enchantment down to Miami so as to have a larger capacity ship that can dock at Key West. Now which ship goes to PC? I'd say a Voyager class ship, if any are left to put there.

I think they move Enchantment down to Miami so as to have a larger capacity ship that can dock at Key West. Now which ship goes to PC? I'd say a Voyager class ship, if any are left to put there.

Voyager class is a great size ship, especially space to PAX size, and really delivers the "Wow" with Royal Promenade. It's a shame that it would not be feasible to build more of them.

Voyager class is a great size ship, especially space to PAX size, and really delivers the "Wow" with Royal Promenade. It's a shame that it would not be feasible to build more of them.

I agree, but seeing the Quantum class, recent dry dock changes to Navigator, and rumored changes to Freedom, I believe original the Voyager class passenger to space ratio will exist on fewer and fewer Royal ships as time goes on.

Edited by clarea

This question has come up repeatedly since Sovereign left the fleet. If Royal did have plans for what they were going to do, it could change again before they finally do make up there minds. Current rumors, which are just that is her last sailing is April 29 2016. I think that is the last one you can schedule as of today.

Anyway, a year or two ago, Mariner was passing by and just sailed into Key West and sailed back out again. It was reported they were testing out that size ship at Key west.

Anyway, a year or two ago, Mariner was passing by and just sailed into Key West and sailed back out again. It was reported they were testing out that size ship at Key west.

Interesting. What is the current largest ship that regularly calls on KW? Carnival Breeze? I will have to look up the physical size (length, beam, draft). Gross tonnage is a measure of interior volume so not as important as how much room the ship physically takes up.

Interesting. What is the current largest ship that regularly calls on KW? Carnival Breeze? I will have to look up the physical size (length, beam, draft). Gross tonnage is a measure of interior volume so not as important as how much room the ship physically takes up.

There are people that know much more than me, but the one Carnival ship I did see there once was about Voyager class size. There are a couple of poeple in the keywest forum that know more than me, on that.

Interesting topic. I have been to KW on Carnival Magic, which is only slightly smaller (16 feet shorter and 5 feet narrower) than Voyager of the Seas. It should be interesting to see how RC's deployment strategy plays out as the Quantum class ships and the next Oasis class ships come out over the next few years. Plus, after the successful refit of Navigator (which is beautiful IMHO) I can see Royal throwing some more bucks out there for enhancing those ships that are starting to age, but still are quite viable for the market. But then, we can conjecture in one hand and...well, you know. :rolleyes:

Pete

Edited by OKC Cruisers

Didn't they recently bring a Freedom class ship in to Freeport? Maybe the 4 day itinerary from Miami would shift to Freeport/Nassau/CC. They'll never give up Nassau. If a Freedom class fits in Freeport so will Voyager class.

Didn't they recently bring a Freedom class ship in to Freeport? Maybe the 4 day itinerary from Miami would shift to Freeport/Nassau/CC. They'll never give up Nassau. If a Freedom class fits in Freeport so will Voyager class.

We were in Freeport on Indy once.

We would love a Voyager class ship for the 3/4 day in either PC or Miami/FLL. Probably would definitely consider a B2B for our week vacation on any of them as we love CocoaCay and Key West. Personally, would like going out of PC only for the sea days and skip KW.

Tim

I know this would not happen, but I wish RCI would buy the new resort going up that Resorts World Bimini in the Bahamas and create some sort of cruise and resort stay package. Leave Miami, cruise to Bahamas, spend 3 or 4 days, get back on ship to go back to Miami when it brings next bunch of guests.

It doesn't seem to be working our for Resorts World Bimini; but they were trying to do it with a high speed car ferry that is hardly a cruise ship.

I know this would not happen, but I wish RCI would buy the new resort going up that Resorts World Bimini in the Bahamas and create some sort of cruise and resort stay package. Leave Miami, cruise to Bahamas, spend 3 or 4 days, get back on ship to go back to Miami when it brings next bunch of guests.

It doesn't seem to be working our for Resorts World Bimini; but they were trying to do it with a high speed car ferry that is hardly a cruise ship.

You mean this one http://rwbimini.com/superfast-cruise-ship

Yes. They had gotten off to a bad start and not seemed to recovered well since. They were supposed to run day cruises every day and have timed service to to the resort. Well, they started with day cruises, the resort wasn't ready, the day cruises didn't go well, now they are down to weekends. They had some night time puke and gamble type cruises but I don't think they do that either. I see that ship sitting most of the time.

Sort of a good idea but poor execution.

The only time I have seen a Freedom Class ship in Freeport was at the shipyard in dry dock for repairs. I think the port area could handle a Freedom Class ship if one were to call there though. We all know that Allure recently visited the shipyard in Freeport so the harbor is deep enough but there isn't any extra room to spare. Right now there are no Freedom Class ships that regularly call on Freeport. Bob mentioned that Indy has stopped there in the past so it does seem possible.

The only time I have seen a Freedom Class ship in Freeport was at the shipyard in dry dock for repairs. I think the port area could handle a Freedom Class ship if one were to call there though. We all know that Allure recently visited the shipyard in Freeport so the harbor is deep enough but there isn't any extra room to spare. Right now there are no Freedom Class ships that regularly call on Freeport. Bob mentioned that Indy has stopped there in the past so it does seem possible.
EX (Voyager class) is stopping their on the 12/13/14 cruise.

I was on the Indy with Bob. We ended up going to Freeport when it turned out that there was no room for us to dock in Nassau. Royal was able to book us into to Freeport at the last minute. The absolute best part was the very warm welcome we received as a first time "docker" at the port. There wasn't much time to schedule excursions, so I think I remember that the passenger response to the actual port wasn't that great. I can't imagine giving up Key West for Freeport.

I was on the Indy with Bob. We ended up going to Freeport when it turned out that there was no room for us to dock in Nassau. Royal was able to book us into to Freeport at the last minute. The absolute best part was the very warm welcome we received as a first time "docker" at the port. There wasn't much time to schedule excursions, so I think I remember that the passenger response to the actual port wasn't that great. I can't imagine giving up Key West for Freeport.

Thanks for reminding me about the special welcome we got Vicki. I had forgotten.

Plus, we got to see Enchantment in dry dock.

Hey we were on that 2-day Indy cruise to Freeport as well. Originally to Nassau. That was December of 2012. We got the water cannon greeting when we entered the port.

It was a 3-day cruise and it was the first time we got to see the water cannons up close.:)

Remember the bridal party that had a destination wedding in Nassau? Felt so bad for them.

I think a Voyager class ship on the 3/4 day cruise would really showcase the line to those doing a short "starter" cruise. It would provide a lot more cabin choices to compete with Carnival and NCL on those routes.