first 9 nighter, a few ???

I am going to be booking Explorer of the Seas for February 26/15 in the next few days and have a couple of questions. How much of a deposit is required for a 9 nighter? Also we purchased a NCC on our last cruise ($200.00). Does that mean they will take $100.00pp off the deposit or do they just take the $200.00 off the final payment? I should know all of this, but I just can't remember.

We are trying to decide between 2 travel agencies to book this cruise with. One is offering a $150.00 OBC, but charges a $100.00pp cancellation fee. The other one is offering a $50.00 OBC but doesn't charge any cancellation fees. Don't plan on cancelling, but we are in our late 50's and you just never know what could happen. On the other hand the $150.00 OBC sure would be nice! What would you choose?

I am going to be booking Explorer of the Seas for February 26/15 in the next few days and have a couple of questions. How much of a deposit is required for a 9 nighter? Also we purchased a NCC on our last cruise ($200.00). Does that mean they will take $100.00pp off the deposit or do they just take the $200.00 off the final payment? I should know all of this, but I just can't remember.

We are trying to decide between 2 travel agencies to book this cruise with. One is offering a $150.00 OBC, but charges a $100.00pp cancellation fee. The other one is offering a $50.00 OBC but doesn't charge any cancellation fees. Don't plan on cancelling, but we are in our late 50's and you just never know what could happen. On the other hand the $150.00 OBC sure would be nice! What would you choose?

Unless you intend to book at Grand Suite or better, the $200 you spent on the NCC will be the only deposit you need.

Just my opinion, but I would never book with any TA that charges any separate fees not charged directly by the cruise line for modifying or cancelling any booking.

That is extra revenue to them out of your pocket not necessary to be paid as it would not be charged by the cruise line. And in the example you provided it would negate any extra value they are offering for their out of pocket OBC to you.

So Bob what you are saying is that the $200 I paid for the NCC is my deposit?

When I called the TA today he said he would need an additional $150.00 as a deposit. I am really confused with this NCC stuff. We bought this one last December when we were on the Freedom, so do I still get the $100.00 OBC for an inside cabin? I know the amounts have changed, but I think mine is still under the old rules.

When I called the TA today he said he would need an additional $150.00 as a deposit. I am really confused with this NCC stuff. We bought this one last December when we were on the Freedom, so do I still get the $100.00 OBC for an inside cabin? I know the amounts have changed, but I think mine is still under the old rules.

You should not need any more deposit, unless you have more than 2 people in the stateroom, you're booking a Grand Suite or better, or the TA is putting you into a group in which case you need full deposit.

The $200 is your deposit.

You are under the old rules and will receive $100obc.

The money you pd for the NCC is your deposit. You just have to pick a cruise. I wouldn't pick either of those agency's. One has unrealistic cancellation fees and the other isn't giving you enough of an incentive.

I always book directly with RCL just to get everything squared away and then transfer to an agency if I choose. You have 60 days

Edited by SeaUs