Rear Facing Cabins

phantomjww

We have never stayed in an aft facing cabin before. Thinking about RCCL Serenade of the Seas in the Med. Does anyone with experience have any suggestion of rear facing vs mid ship cabins. Interested in noise, view, motion, privacy, whatever you can tell me. Thanks.

The aft balconies are larger than any on the side of the ship. You will be seen from above if you are near the rear railing, but nearer your balcony door, there's cover. The downside (IMO) is the extremely long walk to and from the cabin....not long enough to "burn calories" of any amount, but definitely long enough to be a pain!! If you don't run back and forth to the cabin alot, it won't matter, but if you do....

On Radiance class ships, some of the edge hump cabins have larger balconies, too, and that's a very convenient location!

1st cruise in 1987, we have always booked mid ship untill last yr when we got our 1st aft. We are now members of the aft snob society! :D

You have little to no fellow passenger traffic outside your door, and we had no additional noise from the ship. It will be very hard to pry us away from the aft.

We were just assigned a rear facing junior suite!!!! A bit worried about high seas going to Bermuda in October, but I'll eat ginger candy, sniff newspaper, eat bonine and dramamine...if that's what it takes!!!! These boards are an awesome way to have others help you prepare for your trip. I was fortunate to find CC b4 my first cruise, and the advise was invaluable!!!! I was prepared, and confident and had a blast!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the rear cabins, except..

Occasionally they are less smooth than the mid-ship cabins.

Occasionally you get fuel fumes while on the balcony.

Occasionally the anchor is dropped or raised (whcih vibrates the cabin) and can disturb your sleep.

But 99% of the time I like them a lot..

QTPie

Archived