stay park and cruise

crbinromeme

There are no hotels in Manhattan with stay/park/cruise packages. You would have to stay in New Jersey and travel to and from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

While $40 per night to park at the pier seems like a lot, it's actually not very expensive for Manhattan parking.

If you look at the East Coast Departures board you'll find any number of threads where this topic is discussed.

We just got back from the 6/5 Breakaway and like you, I thought parking at the pier was outrageously priced!

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ. They are the only hotel around that has a stay, park & cruise package. We found it to be a very reasonable price and it worked out well IMO.

In total we paid $280 for the hotel, breakfast, parking, and the car service to AND from port. It was originally $330 but I went to get the address 2 days before for directions and noticed the price drop. Called them right up and they changed the price in seconds for me.

I will say there isn't much around the hotel at all, and I wish we hadn't ventured out as we did for dinner and last min things, but it all worked out in the end.

For me it was the best Park & Cruise experience we had after having a horror show in Tampa once!

Has anyone ever done a "stay, park and cruise" package with a local Manhattan hotel and what are your thoughts? I find 400.00 to park at the terminal is a LOT

If you are on the Gem, you can download a 25% discount coupon for parking at the pier

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

Edited by esm54687

We just got back from the 6/5 Breakaway and like you, I thought parking at the pier was outrageously priced!

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ. They are the only hotel around that has a stay, park & cruise package. We found it to be a very reasonable price and it worked out well IMO.

In total we paid $280 for the hotel, breakfast, parking, and the car service to AND from port. It was originally $330 but I went to get the address 2 days before for directions and noticed the price drop. Called them right up and they changed the price in seconds for me.

I will say there isn't much around the hotel at all, and I wish we hadn't ventured out as we did for dinner and last min things, but it all worked out in the end.

For me it was the best Park & Cruise experience we had after having a horror show in Tampa once!

Thanks. This is helpful!

I live not too far from New York City and so we have done 6 ncl cruises from NYC.

The cheapest solution I have found is to park at a Newark Airport park and ride lot. I use one that costs $7 a day. Then take the park and ride shuttle bus to the Southwest terminal and go to the AirTrain. Take the AirTrain to the New Jersey Transit station and take a New Jersey Transit commuter train to Penn Station in NYC. From Penn Station get a taxi to the Cruise terminal.

Your cost breakdown would be:

Parking $7 a day

Train tickets $13 each way regular adult $9 each way senior

Cab ride $10-$15 each way depending on traffic.

So far I have not found anything cheaper. I posted this a while back and people seemed to think this was too complex. It is not. Everything is well marked. The AirTrain and NJT trains run on a regular schedule.