Help -What time would i get to Pisa from port?

San01

Hi

Our ship docks at 7am at Livorno.

We plan to get tickets to climb Pisa, but really do not know what time to get, I am thinking 9.30am.

We would get taxi to train station then train to Pisa

Does this sound realistic?

You could probably make an earlier time; 9:30 would certainly be safe.

If you take a taxi from the ship to the station you should have no problem making the 8:00 train, which puts you at Pisa Centrale at 8:15. It's a ten minute cab ride or a 20 - 30 minute walk from there to the tower.

That's great, thank you, I was not sure how long it takes to disembark off of the ship as I am aware they let the ships tours go off first

What cruise line are you on? I've been to Livorno on Royal Caribbean and NCL and neither of them forces independent travelers to wait until the ship tours have disembarked first. I normally walk down as soon as I see the steps down from the ship to the pier are in place for disembarkation and I'm usually one of the first 5-10 people off the ship.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Hi

Our ship docks at 7am at Livorno.

We plan to get tickets to climb Pisa, but really do not know what time to get, I am thinking 9.30am.

We would get taxi to train station then train to Pisa

Does this sound realistic?

Our ship docked at 7am, although we did not rush off (went to breakfast after watching the intricacies of docking). We probably left after 8.30am, although I wasn't clock watching.

We took a taxi from the gangway all the way to Pisa and bought a 9.45am ticket. I think we arrived in Pisa at 9.20am.

I think your plan of taking the train would make it quite tricky to get to the tower in time to make it for a 9.30am admission.

Once you arrive in Pisa station, you still have 1.5 km to walk. You then need to put any bags you are carrying into a locker next to the ticket sales office, and be at the tower 10 minutes before your ticket time.

If you have a choice of ticket times, I would go for much later, eg 10.30 - 11am. That way you can pace your visit to include a nice lunch in Pisa (Livorno is not so good on restaurants). If you arrive early for your climb, then do the cathedral first. If you just make it, then do the cathedral afterwards.

Unless you absolutely have to, don't cut it so close or you'll spend the morning worrying - especially of the train is late, etc.

We took a private tour from the ship at 8AM and they recommended we get our tickets for 9 AM. We made it just in time due to some traffic jams along the way.

It's an awesome experience, so enjoy!!!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN