HMC Villa questions

windan

So. We just booked our first ever villa on HMC! We are so excited but have some questions for you experts.

1) Which villa is best?

2) Do the soft drinks get refilled, or is it just a one time stocking?

3) Do the bar servers come to take drink orders?

4) What is the tipping policy?

Any info you can share is appreciated!

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also booked the Villa and These are good questions. I was wondering about the soft drinks myself. I do know that you can not ask for a certain villa until embarkation day at the guest services desk. We are trying to get D. D and E are farthest from the crowds and I believe those are the 2 that are handicap accessible.

I too have all the same questions. I was going to order a bottle of Stoli from Bon Voyage and take it with us to our villa if no bar service.....just wondering about soft drinks and ice. Hrmmmm...

From my understanding, A is closest to the Pirate Ship Bar etc, and then you start moving away from the action getting quieter.

We're not there to sleep so I'm going to try and request A or B etc as soon as we get on board.

Looking forward to more info!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

So. We just booked our first ever villa on HMC! We are so excited but have some questions for you experts.

1) Which villa is best?

They are pretty nice. As others have mentioned, there is no refill on the snacks or drinks. Bar service is done by walk by bar waiters. There is a ship wreck bar near cabanas 4 thru 6 where you will def hear the music.

just some FYI; you can use your S&S card for drinks however your Cheers package and soda card are NOT good on HMC. My kids paid $43 for a bucket of beer. And their was no bottle opener. So I would bring one with me if you if you are beer drinkers.

About the ice... They was a whole cooler full of ice waiting for us in our cabana. I am sure they do the same for the villas.

why is a villa needed at HMC?

You are there for 6 hours

Needed? No reason, it is nice for some people to get out of the sun. There are rafts (which you would have to rent) that are included and snacks and beverages and air conditioned. The two story ones have a jacuzzi and private bath and shower.

why is a villa needed at HMC?

You are there for 6 hours

Not needed, but will be nice to get out of the sun and still enjoy the occasional jump in the ocean. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

1) Which villa is best?

We booked a villa last October. We chose Villa #C. It's near the food but far enough away from the major crowds. In reading reviews I read prior to getting that Villa that being near the ship bar was way too loud. So I chose C. It was a great location, not crowded and near the buffet lunch area. We LOVED it!!

They did not refill our soft drinks so I think that is a one time gig.

The bar servers did come by to us but we were out on the beach, so not sure if they actually visit if you are inside the villa.

Just like on the ship, tip is included in the price of drinks, etc. We didn't have a "butler" per say to tip. You are going to LOVE your villa!! Have a great Cruise!

We had villa D and loved it. They provide you with 16 cans of soda (2 per person and based on 8 people per villa) and 4 large bottles of water. You tell them what kind you want when you check in with guest services to pick your villa. There is a cooler filled with ice and a fridge also. Plenty of snacks provided and the lunch is not far away.

Just to clarify,because I've seen both mentioned, do you go to the excursion desk upon boarding to select the villa or guest relations ? Thank you

D & E are peaceful

Sodas and water are not replenished, they will ask what you would like when you are selecting your villa, also getting sizes for snorkel gear

****The villa is good for up to 8 persons, so even if you have plans for fewer than 8, when you are at Guest Services picking up, if you tell them you have 8 people you get sodas for 8 and you can mix the selection****

They come around to take drink orders but my observation is that the bucket of beer is most heavily promoted.

You do not need to tip the set up crew, and if you order drinks/beer it's on your S&S card.

Edited by Danacat222