Breeze or Sunshine

drob

Ive done a cruise on both the Sunshine and the Breeze. I loved them both. Both have had comments of being crowded but since I'm a people person that doesn't bother me and I really don't think i found that to be a problem except - Breeze C day barbecue. expect long lines. On the Breeze I like that the showroom still has the bench style seating. On the Sunshine the showroom seemed to have long lines to get in to get a seat and since they have revamped the showroom to double as a night club the seating is at a premium. I loved the Serenity deck on the Sunshine, 3 decks of relaxation, the Breeze the serenity not so much, no pool. The Breeze has the Lanai on the 5th deck and that is the nicest thing about the ship, 4 hot tubs, bars, tables and chairs, loved that. Have fun.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Sunshine was docked beside us at a port in Rome last year and I knew our daughter would love the waterworks area. Seems as if you can't go wrong with either ship. Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Been on the Breeze, Glory, Magic and Conquest lately. I have to say that I find them largely indistinguishable, so it is hard to imagine the Sunshine would be much different. It followed us around on one of our recent B2Bs in June/July (Eastern Carrib, I think) and it looked very much like a clone of the other Carnival ships.

We debated back and forth between the two, but ultimately the 3 deck serenity deck won out for us for the Sunshine. Both have great features and are wonderfully decorated. They would both be a wonderful choice.

Been on both, the Breeze hands down. I didn't really like what they did to the Sunshine, Serenity in front of the big screen, buffet chopped up, total screw up on the theather(please-tables and chairs on the main level), added rooms/people and not extra public areas. I won't book the Sunshine again. Dennis

Went on the Sunshine a couple of months ago. Will not sail on her again! Many reason posted above but also the ship seem to sway more because, I think the extra weight added to the bow.

in fact every ship I have been on that had major work on the structure of the ship didn't seem to sail right afterward.

Been on both, the Breeze hands down. I didn't really like what they did to the Sunshine, Serenity in front of the big screen, buffet chopped up, total screw up on the theather(please-tables and chairs on the main level), added rooms/people and not extra public areas. I won't book the Sunshine again. Dennis

DITTO exactly! We too have sailed both, and GREATLY prefer BREEZE.

"SKY"

When I get enough fun points( 30 thousand plus) on the carnival card I'm going on the Breeze. It is way too expensive now to go solo.

Gary

Hey Gary. Check the October 25th sailing. I think you'll find a "No Solo Supplement" sailing on that date. VERY reasonable prices too. (Actually, it was even less expensive yesterday, but it went back up just a bit today. Probably will come down again in the future. ;)

"SKY"

Both ships have the things we enjoy: Guys, Blue Iguana, Cucina de Capitano, Red Frog Pub, Ocean Plaza for live entertainment. But I would go on the Breeze again no doubt. Sunshine is nice but Serenity is not serene (too close to Lido music), Comedy Club too small and Sunshine shows its age in several areas. Also the Sunshine 'felt' more crowded.

Also, there are more places to sit & hang out on Breeze. Loved the yellow tables out by Fat Boy's BBQ.

Sunshine without a doubt. Breeze is worst of the six ships i have been on. Worst cabin i have seen, worst dining staff and no room at pools after ten in the morning, plenty of towels getting sun though

We spent the past 2 New Years on the Breeze & had an incredible time both times. We had no complaints whatsoever & the only time we could ever say it was crowded was on New Years Eve which was expected. After docking next to the Sunshine in Grand Cayman, we are changing it up & going on the Sunshine. I'm excited to see the differences for myself.

Hey Gary. Check the October 25th sailing. I think you'll find a "No Solo Supplement" sailing on that date. VERY reasonable prices too. (Actually, it was even less expensive yesterday, but it went back up just a bit today. Probably will come down again in the future. ;)

"SKY"

Thanks but it is to late I will be on the Conquest the next day. Besides since I am from the N.E. getting air fare this close to the sail date can be pricey. But Thanks again.

Gary.

Edited by Shipbound