Parking at Boston pier, need reservation?

morry2121

Is a reservation needed to park at the pier in Boston? Any other important info that we should know? Suggestions for hotel the night before cruise?

no reservation needed for parking.

Lots of hotels all over the place at various pricepoints. What's your budget and what are the dates you'll be here?

Do they have luggage trolleys at the parking lot here? I'm thinking of the kind they provide at airports, we are thinking of taking a case of coke, quite heavy and awkward to carry along with usual luggage.

No, not that I have ever seen. What we do is DH drops me and all the luggage at the pier and then he goes and parks the car. I wait outside with our carry ons and give everything else to one of the porters. He is back in less than ten minutes. If it is rainy, I can just stand inside and wait for him.

Here is a link that has directions and a map of the area.

http://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/parking/

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up, we got off the Brilliance this morning and had parked in the garage for the week. My DH dropped me at the curb but I did have him check for luggage carts in the garage and there are none.

He did the usual drop off at the curb and then go park. We were able to bring on soda with no issues at security. After cruise, we had porter bring everything out to the curb and I waited for him to get the car. We had a bunch of bags since there were 4 of us this cruise.

DH said he did not have to show any cruise documents when entering or exiting the garage. They ask you to go to level 5 to park for the cruise, which is the roof of the garage, but they don't verify that you actually go up there, though he did park up there. You pay on exit and it is an automated machine that takes both cash and credit cards. An attendant did come over to help if needed.

We have parked in that garage many times when visiting friends on ships in Boston. We've never had a reservation or any issue at all. We've always found a space, our car was safe and it's easy paying at the auto. machine.