Beaches on st Maarten

It seems the ones that go topless or nude have the bodies that no one truly want to see at all.

Going nude is not about being an exhibitionist, it's about being a naturalist. Why there is so much controversy over someone seeing someone else naked I'll never understand.

Was wondering what beaches are the best to visit and if kids are going, which beaches if any are nude or seminude? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are going to Sint Maarten (the dutch side where all of the cruise ships dock) then Great Bay Beach is a must. So convenient- all you have to do is walk off the ship and take a water taxi directly to the beach. Behind the beach there is amazing 5 star shopping along the boardwalk. The beach is gorgeous. There are plenty of watersports and water activities and you can see the ship right from the beach. It is NOT a nude beach most arent on the Dutch side. If you want a nude beach the French side is where you should head. Have a great trip!

I have taken both of my children (4 and 10) to St. Martin. I have 2 girls, and they didn't seem to give any care in the world to topless (full nude they were asking questions). We did not partake in the clothing optional parts. We did go to orient, in the north side, and if you can't deal with topless, don't go there. Most people will be topless, but hardly ever did we see anyone bottomless (only one time in 6 hours). This is a wavey beach, so your kids will have to have some idea of water safety.

That being said, we LOVED pinel. You have to take a ferry there, but it's mostly locals. The island is a little private like island off the northern coast, so its pretty far away from the dock. There will be a few topless people here, but its not a lot. There is 2 little restaurants on the island (crazy expensive), and you will need to take cash, no credit cards, but its protected and there are always other kids for your kids to play with. They have lobster traps set out there for the catch of the day, and on the southern side near where the ferry docks, there is a pier with little fish to look at.

If you don't want any topless, which might still be difficult, you need to stay on the Dutch side. for children, stay on the western side of the island to avoid waves. I'd look for a beach south of Marigot , but I don't know what's there. We stayed on the French side the whole time and while much more expensive, it felt much more like a Caribbean island vs the Dutch side, which seemed more like cheaper, touristy places.

Going nude is not about being an exhibitionist, it's about being a naturalist. Why there is so much controversy over someone seeing someone else naked I'll never understand.

I have adopted the European custom many years ago at Club Meds and have no problem seeing someone nude or topless and have done it in the past myself.

If you are going to Sint Maarten (the dutch side where all of the cruise ships dock) then Great Bay Beach is a must. So convenient- all you have to do is walk off the ship and take a water taxi directly to the beach. Behind the beach there is amazing 5 star shopping along the boardwalk. The beach is gorgeous. There are plenty of watersports and water activities and you can see the ship right from the beach. It is NOT a nude beach most arent on the Dutch side. If you want a nude beach the French side is where you should head. Have a great trip!

We were there a few years back... It's a short water taxi, right??? How much was the ferry? Rental loungers varied on who you talked to as I recall... TY!!!

There are many documented posts from one of our local residents, who has been very open and honest regarding the pollution problem with this beach.

This is the reason you will never see any local people here nor their children. The pollution cannot be seen with the naked eye, but it is there.

I would never let my children swim here......but to each his own.