How we spent the most amazing day in Cozumel

LegallyBlondeCruiseLVR

My husband and I had been to Cozumel several times before our recent Oasis sailing brought us there again in Sept., but in 2008 when we were there we had such an amazing time that we recreate that day each time we get back. The highlight to me is a little visited beach front bar/restaurant with the best snorkeling on Cozumel, but we described the whole day in our recent review of Oasis on my blog:

http://ourbarbiedreamhouse.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-of-oasis-of-seas-versus-carnival.html?m=1

My husband and I had been to Cozumel several times before our recent Oasis sailing brought us there again in Sept., but in 2008 when we were there we had such an amazing time that we recreate that day each time we get back. The highlight to me is a little visited beach front bar/restaurant with the best snorkeling on Cozumel, but we described the whole day in our recent review of Oasis on my blog:

http://ourbarbiedreamhouse.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-of-oasis-of-seas-versus-carnival.html?m=1

Thanks for sharing. I'm very intrigued about Playa Corona. Thinking about going there when we are in Cozumel next month on a cruise. There will be 6 in our group. 3 of us like to snorkel but the other 3 just want to relax on the beach. We also want to try to avoid the cruise ship crowds.

A couple of questions for you:

1. I read that you took a scooter but I will be traveling with old people so would either need to rent a car or take a taxi. If we take a taxi, is it hard to get one back to the ship?

2. Is there a good beach here for my family to relax while I snorkel?

Thanks,

John

Does Playa de Corona have chaise lounges on the beach in the shade? If so, are they padded or just wood or plastic?

If memory serves me correctly from when I was there in March 2015, there were just chairs around tables and hammocks. I could be mistaken, but I feel like I just hung around with my group around tables and then in the water. I do love this beach/cafe also. The snorkeling is decent. There is not a lot of beach here. Most places I've found you either choose snorkeling OR beach. The ecosystems seem to be almost exclusive on this island.

We also rented mopeds to go around, and 2 others in our group rented a jeep to carry our snorkeling gear (and they were 2 wheel vehicle averse!).

I did see some taxis drop people off here, and subsequently pick up.

Personally, I feel it is a nice place to hang at as a stop during the day. Do a little bit of snorkeling, grab a bite to eat, spend a couple hours...the move on. It is nice and quiet. I've never ran into a kids on this beach, for what its worth.

• 3 weeks later...

We went there about 4 or 5 years ago. We had a taxi drop us off in the morning and didn't make arrangements to be picked back up. For lunch, we wanted to go to paradise beach and it was quite an ordeal to get a taxi to pick us back up. I don't know if they just really wanted us to stick around longer or what. After standing out front for quite awhile, one of the workers left on a bike to flag down a cab for us. I would love to go back for the snorkeling, but I would make arrangements for transportation :)