First Cruise - Traveling Solo

Playa Cofi

A few days ago I booked a 7 day Alaska Cruise on Carnival Miracle out of Seattle next month on the 19th.

Since it was late booking the agent at Carnival could only put me at the 8:30 pm seating for dinner and put me on standby for the "anytime".

When you are traveling solo do they seat you with likeminded travelers or will the odds be that I will be seated with couples/families? I do understand from the previous thread that I can request a change if I am not happy with tablemates but I certainly do not want to appear rude at the same time.

Also does anyone know if the Miracle has a certain "go-to" person to chat with to explain that I am traveling solo and would be interested in meeting other solo travelers.

Since this is my first cruise I am not sure how this all works. I assume most couples would rather spend their time together, not having a third wheel dragging behind them.

Thoughts please?

They will sit you usually with people of same language is best you can hope for

Depends what size table you asked for

My time can be a bit off as a single

I've always preferred set dinner times

It's up to you how you enjoy your table

Enjoy it

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmmm.

I live on an island off the coast of PR so my legal ID and for booking purposes indicate that I am a PR resident and Spanish is our legal language.

Yet I am an expat from the states and only speak English....

So possibly they look at the passenger list and categorize it by location to assign seating? If so that may not work for me.

no they do not go by language.

they do indeed try and fit like with like. while DH and I travel together when we get set dining..we get seated with other couples of similar age( no promise on interests though)

you will probably be added to round off a table to make even numbers(4 6 or 8 top)

never feel guilty about asking for a new table assignment.

you can always choose the buffet or a specialty restaurant as well.

there will almost certainly be something in the daily activities for singles, especailly the first sea day. there is also a community board where you can post any request to meet up as well. plus there are tons of activities like Trivia where you can meet people.

on our last cruise we 'adopted' a young Australian who was sailing alone.. giving her ideas about the ports( we used to live in Monterrey and had visited San Francisco several times) we kept running in to her at the bar and around the ship.

I did Paul.

I friended 2 people that are going (the other was a family of 14) but I have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks for replying.

If you friended them through CC you won't hear back since that friending doesn't seem to do anything.