LA Area in NOLA on Hot Wire

AprilJ

The icon that looks like mountains will allow you to insert a picture. I think you have to have it on an image hosting site though. I use the tapatalk app when I want to post pics here because it allows me to insert a pic from my phone.

Ā 

The emails I get from Hotwire don't give me the areas. It may say New Orleans LA $57 but then I have to click on the link to find out that the room is in New Orleans East or something.

Edited by Saint Greg

Is this what your email looks like?

Ā 

6439a8d550c031cc460145c74a74d8fb.jpg

Ā 

New Orleans, LA Area means New Orleans, Louisiana Area. You have to click on it to find the actual areas which are more like New Orleans east, Metairie, warehouse district, hospital district, garden district, French quarter/Mississippi river, French quarter/bourbon street

Edited by Saint Greg

I'm torn between picking a 4*+ in the FQ or MS River. 2 nights pre cruise. Husband has never been, so I'm torn. I'm a little discouraged by parking prices.

Ā 

Parking at New Orleans Hotels is crazy...so are the taxes/fees on hotel rooms. Where are you parking during the cruise? Someone recently posted that they had reservations at Fulton and they called and asked if they could add two days and they allowed it. That could save you $20-30/night.

I'm torn between picking a 4*+ in the FQ or MS River. 2 nights pre cruise. Husband has never been, so I'm torn. I'm a little discouraged by parking prices.

Ā 

I've been staying at the La Quinta for years, a great location, in the Central Business district, but only a couple blocks from the quarter.

Parking at New Orleans Hotels is crazy...so are the taxes/fees on hotel rooms. Where are you parking during the cruise? Someone recently posted that they had reservations at Fulton and they called and asked if they could add two days and they allowed it. That could save you $20-30/night.

Ā 

I just figured we would park at the port. Fulton would be great, especially if we could park there the extra 2 days.

I just figured we would park at the port. Fulton would be great, especially if we could park there the extra 2 days.

Ā 

Fulton is cheaper and they provide shuttle service to the port. I've reserved and paid for it online when i've used them...but you may want to call before adding the extra days to make sure it's okay before you pay for it.

Ā 

http://neworleansparking.com/

We are the ones that reserved Fulton for our cruise, and then added an extra 2 nights there instead of trying to park in the FQ. I am hopeful grabbing a cab from there to our hotel in the FQ won't be hard when we arrive, i wouldn't think so. Our plan is to leave our big luggage in the car and just take our carry-ons to the hotel. Then we will grab a cab back to Fulton Garage, fetch our luggage and grab their shuttle to the port on cruise morning.

Ā 

It looks on a map like the WWII Museum is about 6-7 blocks up and 1 block over from where the Fulton Garage is, so i would consider that walkable. Depends on your mobility.

How far out do you typically reserve at Fulton? Is it easy to grab a cab to the FQ from there? My husband wants to go to the WWII museum, is that possible without our car? Thanks!!

Ā 

I've reserved my parking 2 weeks in advance. The time I went in July the garage was about 3/4 full. When I went a month ago it was less than half full. I think you pay less online. I parked in the cheapest area which is on the roof for I think $8/day. It would've been $12/day if I didn't reserve in advance.

Ā 

The one issue with Fulton is they are crazy about luggage in the elevator. So when you come back they will tell you not to take your bags up to your car. I've ignored them before and just taken my bags up to my car. Maybe if you ask them they will allow you to bring your car down to pickup your luggage and then re-enter the garage or maybe they will drive it up there for you. That's a question I would ask if they allow you to add additional days after your cruise. Otherwise you would have to get your luggage to and from your hotel.

Ā 

WWII museum isn't far. It's about a 1/3 mile walk. Or a short cab ride. Fulton is across the street from the convention center. There should be cabs and pedicabs all over the place.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 1 month later...
How is the Warehouse district? Hot Wire has a 4* for $91 a night right now.

Ā 

Warehouse District hotels are near the convention center. 4* warehouse district on hotwire should be either Omni Riverfront, Hilton Garden Inn (convention center), or Loew's.

Yes! I found the $91 warehouse offer but farted around researching the area and the deal timed out. I went right back and searched again and it didn't come up. I waited a bit and used the app on my phone and sure enough, Warehouse district 4* $91....i went for it and it's Riverside. I squealed I was so excited. šŸ˜†