Celebration plug sockets

Hi.....Can anyone tell me wich adapter we will need for my hair drier phone charger etc on the Celebration.... US or European

Have read conflicting messages.....Also do thomson provide Tea/Coffee/Milk/Sugar and replenish them for a brew in the cabins?

Anything I don't have to bring from home means more weight in my case for Clothes!!!

Many Thanks:ship:;p

kettle and all the works provided so drink as much as you like, but sometimes the steward doesn't clean the cups properly so just rinse them out....... the plug is a 2 pin, but no idea if its us or euro. more importantly as the ship is very old you only get one socket in most cabins, bring an extension if you need......... hope that helps. p.s no fridge in cabins which may surprise you.

If memory serves these sockets are fitted "upside down" as on Celebration as on Spirit. Their correct name is Schuko sockets, as used in most of mainland Europe

The earth connection is at 6 o'clock, more commonly it's at 12 o'clock.

This is not normally a difficulty, as any so called Euro adaptor (as widely available here) can be plugged "upside down" and polarity is not an issue.

Incidentally there are adaptors sold here that have the 6 o'clock ground, but these tend to be less available.

However, there may be a problem where such sockets are close to horizontal surfaces in the cabin located where you want to plug in your UK device and this can stop any transformer plug with a deeper body profile (such as used to power portable speakers) from being pushed home.

The simplest way to get around this is by taking a UK 2 or 4 gang extension socket with a short cable and UK plug fitted - it'll work fine plugged "upside down" into your adaptor.

Alternatively you can rig up an extension socket with a Schuko type F 7/7 plug as a DIY project - it isn't too demanding, but avoid this option if you are unsure about any aspect.

I made up a couple - if I can do it anybody can !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
image not wworking

Thanks for all your help.......Somewhere in my very old grey matter I remember trying to pull out an old style tv on tiptoe precariously perched on a shelf over one of the beds so that I could dry my hair!!.....Could have been the Sunbird/Destiny Lol

Thanks. Thought that was the case. I also remember that in our cabin (at least) the hairdryer and kettle were on the same switch. That meant you could not use them both at the same time. Thought the hairdryer was dud before we realised that and switched over.

In outside plus you get both a US and EU sockets a kettle and all necessary to make a drink and there is a fridge.

We take a 4 way adapter on a short lead and suits all our needs - IPhone charger etc. The hairdryer is near the dressing table unlike on Dream where it's in the bathroom and you can only use the kettle or hairdryer and not at the same time as said above. Probably as the kettle and hairdryer are both powerful not sure about other cabins sorry