Beach Clubs - Maya Chan Full

99taylorpn

We are visiting Costa Maya at Easter. We tried to book Maya Chan, but it is full. Any other suggestions for beach clubs for out family 2 kids and 2 adults. We enjoy good food and drinks, clear waters that will allow us to see fish and a beautiful beach. Any suggestions? I've looked at Nohoch Kay, Tropicante, Yaya and Blue Kay. I really cant tell the difference.

All of those clubs are along th e same stretch of beach, which is why they look similar. You'll get good service at all, but NoHoch Kay is an AI (and becoming somewhat limited in what's included) that you book through Island Marketing. The other 3 are open to walk ins.

If you want an AI away from the main malecon like Maya Chan, try to see if Almaplena has room. Otherwise, try to reservein advnace loungers with Tropicante or just take a taxi from outside the port (don't take the tram inside) to Blue Kay.

I can't speak to an alternate location, someone else will, hopefully.

I can tell you that based on your post, you should be happy to miss Maya Chan.

I was just there last week, and the setting, service, food and drinks were all wonderful, as good as everybody says.

However, this is NOT a swimming beach. The water is very cloudy and full of floating seaweed and grass. The bottom is seriously rocky - shoes are a must (they do have some loaners).

I watched a couple tipsy spring break guys tossing a football along the shore and in the waves and I was sure one of them was going to go flying and bust open his head on a rock.

It is a long walk over the rocks and weeds to even get to waist depth water. It remains cloudy - nothing to see.

Sounds like you want an Aruba style beach, this is not it. If you want to see the water, but not go in, this place is perfect.

I don't mean to give a negative review of MC, it is a wonderful, natural place, and I would probably go again.

It's just not a swim beach, and if I had known this ahead of time, I might have searched for an alternate place to spend the day. The owner does tell you about the seaweed when you book, but the shallow and rocky water is not mentioned.

We went to Blue Kay a couple of weeks ago. We didn't plan on staying long because we had spa appointments scheduled on the ship in the afternoon, but I would definitely go back there, especially if I wanted something low-key.

There was a good bit of sea grass, but the water was clear. We didn't go too far out, but people were snorkeling from the shore.

Overall, we were pleased with the cost/value for us. The taxi ride was inexpensive ($2/person each way) and we paid $5/person for chairs in a wonderful shaded area. There were plenty of activities available had we wanted them.

If you're heart isn't set on an all-inclusive, Blue Kay might work for you.