Royal caribbean all inclusive?

Pedrod316

The number of included and fee separate dining venues varies by ship, but on all The Main Dining Room, Windjammer Cafe, and a few others such as Sorrerntos and Cafe Promenade as examples are always complimentary. Others such as Chops, Izumi, and Giovanni's as examples are surcharge venues.

On the RCI website under "On Board Experience" then "Beverage and Dining Options" each venue is listed as complimentary or specialty dining. If you look under "Plan a Cruise" then "Ships" for your particular ship of interest you will see which of each are on board that ship. It usually is a pretty even balance of complimentary and surcharge specialty venues on each ship.

Thanks for reply

had a look on there web site now, i cant see anywhere on it ,which is all inclusive and which requires supplements - i can guess which through!

Many thanks

Here is the link for the information on the dining venues:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

There are tabs describing My Time Dining, Complimentary Dining, Specialty Dining, Beverage Packages, and Room Service.

Here is the link to each RCI ship. They are all listed by name and if you go to each ship, the dining venues on that ship are listed:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do?icid=hpnvbr_pagehe_src_hm_awaren_940

From these links you will be able to know which venues are include and which are separate charge and which of each are located on each ship. As previously mentioned, the Main Dining Room and several other venues common to each ship are always included. The specialty restaurants will vary by ship.

This should provide everything you need to answer your question.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It also depends on the ship how many no extra charge restaurants there are. If you are on an Oasis Class ship, there will be more choices of places to eat, both extra pay and no extra pay. Freedom Class ships and other classes have different choices. The Windjammer Buffet is always free on all Royal Caribbean ships. I can't speak for Anthem, however, as I have never sailed on Anthem unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

We are Diamond on Royal and stated cruising with them before any of the Specialty Restaurants started popping up. We were always perfectly happy and enjoyed our meals in the MDR at dinner and loved lunch there on sea days, and the WJ for breakfast and lunch so we never felt the need to try the Specialty restaurants. We always have OBC and could spend it on going to the Specialty restaurants, but we have honestly never had a bad wait staff in the MDR and love the experience of the whole family knowing to meet us at our table each evening and sharing their day and plans for the next day. The menu has plenty of variety to give everyone something they like. We always buy some sort of drink package. Some of us have occasionally had an ice cream from Ben and Jerry's (which is a charge). We've enjoyed having the occasional room service, but Royal has recently decided to charge $7.95 for room service if you order anything other than the continental breakfast. I'm not sure I would be willing to pay $ to have that service, just on principal alone. It's a bit of a turn-off for me, since I've seen the charges start to appear for things previously included. I'm seen far too many people say they don't mind paying it, and that will probably mean that it will be spreading from Royal to other lines. It won't impose any burden on me to either ignore room service or take a gallon size zip-lock baggie to the WJ, pick up a plate and put the cheese and fruit on it, slip it into that zip-lock and slide it into the mini-fridge for later, cutting out the wait time for room service to deliver late in the evening anyway. You can take the extra nickel and diming on the chin, find a way to avoid it by switching cruise lines or becoming a bit creative. We've taken it on the chin with the little things like the chocolates on the pillows, the toiletries in regular balcony cabins, replaced by the "mystery gel" and the upcharges in the MDR for certain items (listed on the menu). We've continued to cruise after soft drinks weren't included in the dining room (years long gone), and the astronomical increase in the price of a drinks. We sighed and continued when the gifts we used to receive or our loyalty were discontinued, but never stopped cruising with them. We were sad when our $10 discount on a bag of wash 'n fold was taken away for 7-night cruises, but it didn't stop us from being loyal to Royal. We accepted ALL the little things, one-by-one and NOW.... we've switched to Celebrity. We don't need the "bells and whistles" of the FloRider or the rock climbing walls, so that's not a plus with Royal anymore. We've been there, done that. The lines are a turn off anyway. Before long, I'm sure they will decide to follow Royal's lead and start charging for room service but for now, thanks to our loyalty to Royal and reciprocity with Celebrity, we will suddenly have a Welcome drink, chocolates at night, a FREE bag of wash 'n fold, free room service and priority tendering. The cruise lines have changed over the years and so have our interests and I'm sure they will continue to charge whatever they can get away with charging, by taking note of the charges the other lines have successfully implemented and play follow the leader. :confused::(:mad:

Not being critical, just helpful, but paragraphs would make your post easier to read. I'm sure it's full of good information.

Roz