Many thanks to all you Aussies and Kiwis

Hawka

Thanks for your help, really appreciated. Surprised you didn't see that Keigh was a woman :D

Leigh

I knew you were a woman, maybe that's why I loved your advice so much! And, absolutely, if we ever get there again, we are holding you to a visit to Melbourne Cricket ground. Would be so much better with someone who could tell us what is happening :)

ML

Just let me know if you come and visit our shores again!

Leigh

if i took you you would probably need ear plugs i yell a lot lol yes shame i didnt realise then i would not have stuffed up on the post i will know for next time i will just say go with what this person says , can not get it wrong then surely

Sorry for taking this thread off topic! Although it is something that happens on this board regularly! And why I enjoy reading all the different threads.

Leigh

But you probably didn't need to hear all that.

I enjoyed reading about Dr Gut's hard work and success. She certainly deserves to be called Dr (even if it is for history!).

Leigh

Sorry for taking this thread off topic! Although it is something that happens on this board regularly! And why I enjoy reading all the different threads.

Leigh

All good it's all part of it if you didn't tell me I wouldn't have known not fully off topic in my books

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

Hi all

Well, we are now safely home after our 32 days in Australia and NZ, time divided between Sydney and cruises. We were on the Solstice Mar 13-25, then the Radiance (to NZ) Mar 28--Apr 10.

I wanted to thank all of you who were so generous and helpful in advice. You made it so easy for us to do things, from getting the train from the airport to where to eat and shop for groceries, thank you all. I know I won't remember all the screen names but Gut2407, Mic Canberra, Possum52, Bpos, OzKiwiJJ, chesterbear, lucymorgan, Elorac123, Docker123, SinbadThePorter, Aus Traveller, Mr Walker, joandian, Babsjo, MrsWaldo, Hawka, The_Big_M, ozdevil, and lyndarra. I'm sure I missed some of you, not intentional, thanks to everyone who posted their thoughts and ideas.

We saw all of Sydney, ate a lot of excellent meals, saw footy (Swans are not having a good season so far. But, we got T-shirts, flags and footy balls for the opening day!!). It was such a great trip, enjoyed both Australia and New Zealand. We did feel a bit guilty--a week after we visited Airlie Beach, Cyclone Debbie hit. Then the aftermath followed us everywhere. Stayed dry in Bay of Islands, Auckland and Tauranga, got wet in Wellington and Akaroa. Had to cancel our stop in Dunedin (NZ), which we were really looking forward to. The sounds were beautiful and the crossing back to Sydney was uneventful.

We loved both of these beautiful, friendly and interesting countries, so glad we did it.

A big THANK YOU and a virtual hug to you all, you made it special.

If you ever have questions about New Mexico (or the USA), I'll be happy to repay you.

Thanks mates and kia ora to you kiwis :)

ML

Cheers, I am glad you had a great time.