Sea aquarium dolphin encounter question

Tljcruiser

Has anyone had experience booking dolphin encounter on your own not from ship excursion? The only open time while we are there is 2:00 as the cruise line has all the earlier times blocked. I am trying to determine if we would have time to participate and still make it back to ship on time? The encounter runs till 3:30. We will be on rccl jewel scheduled to leave at 5:00. Thanks!

Has anyone had experience booking dolphin encounter on your own not from ship excursion? The only open time while we are there is 2:00 as the cruise line has all the earlier times blocked. I am trying to determine if we would have time to participate and still make it back to ship on time? The encounter runs till 3:30. We will be on rccl jewel scheduled to leave at 5:00. Thanks!

Why don't you book swim with dolphins instead. None of the cruise lines offer that and it's unforgettable experience. Also more openings will be available that will fit your schedule. Cab ride from Aquarium is only 10 minutes tops.

Why don't you book swim with dolphins instead. None of the cruise lines offer that and it's unforgettable experience. Also more openings will be available that will fit your schedule. Cab ride from Aquarium is only 10 minutes tops.

ODECCIT...I didn't notice the difference, thank you for pointing it out. We definitively want the swim. Also, the cost using the ship's excursion is $279.00 and direct with Dolphin Swim its $174.00. That's not a small difference. Has anyone booked direct??

ODECCIT...I didn't notice the difference, thank you for pointing it out. We definitively want the swim. Also, the cost using the ship's excursion is $279.00 and direct with Dolphin Swim its $174.00. That's not a small difference. Has anyone booked direct??

We booked direct several times. They have dolphins swim in Tortola and Cozumel too. I have nothing against cruise line making profit, but this is way to much.

Edited by ODECCIT

My daughter does not meet the age requirements for the swim but would love to do that!

If you cruise often, I would wait till she reaches age requirement and book dolphin swim instead of encounter. Encounter is so lame. 20 people standing on the platform with dolphins swim by and everyone is trying to touch them, short kiss from a dolphin with picture taken and its over. Pictures are extra by the way. If you stop in Cozumel you can work around age requirement for a nice tip.

Edited by ODECCIT

We booked direct several times. They have dolphins swim in Tortola and Cozumel too. I have nothing against cruise line making profit, but this is way to much.

Thanks for the info! I've emailed them regarding transport (they recommended a taxi) so as soon as DH's vacation is confirmed, we'll be booking. :):):)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...